Engagement rings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
    Ten grand? Dude, that's a house deposit. I'd be mortified if anyone turned that kind of money into jewelry for me lol.

That aside I wanted to make a mention about platnum. It is very heavy. The bonus is it never has to be replated/worked on (unlike white gold which needs to be recoated every year or so), but do try a few rings on first if you're into platnum. Mine is platnum and I love it, but no joke, the weight can sometimes make your finger ache a bit. It's bizzare. (And possibly I'm just weird.)
    You can put a down payment on a house for that cheap in Australia? Wow. I'm impressed. But then again, I'm from New York.

Comment

Originally posted by CynicalQuixotic View Post
      You can put a down payment on a house for that cheap in Australia? Wow. I'm impressed. But then again, I'm from New York.
      Neither in Germany as far as I know

I guess it is relative, deppending on a persons budget. My expensive can be your cheap. and vice-versa.

My mother is selling one of her houses at the moment. and she will give me one third of the money, for the ring and a house deposit. will be something around 60k euros. So I will get money for both at the same time, ring and deposit, whenever she sells that house. And 50k of this money will go into the house deposit, wich I think is enough for an initial payment.

My mother only has two kids, me and my brother, and he is the one that will stay in brazil, where we have our houses, that I would never ask him to sell just for me to get money.

We have propperties that are rent every month, and of those propperties, half of the rent will be for me and half for him in a couple of years from now.My mother is using that money to build more flats, to rent them as well. She worked a lot to make sure we would never be in need, and she succceded, lets just say with the money of my half those rents (that will someday be mine and his, but arent for now), I can have a really confortable life, and never need to work if I wished. But I do want to work, and will do so.

Again, it deppends on the persons budget, for me, a 10k ring like that wouldnt be something out-of-this-world-expensive, and I would never dream to ask for anything that price from my SO, but wouldnt have a problem to accept it from my mother, with her wishing to gift it to me.

Different strokes, different folkes.

I felt a little judged and maybe even seen with bad eyes, as a spoiled brat or something, for posting I would want a ring with that price, so much so I felt the need to explain myself now.

I hope I didnt offend anyone by posting the pricetag of the ring. I dont like to brag. I am a simple person. I gave up a life of a good new car, 3 house maids, everything I want in my hands to go to a way smaller flat in Germany, with me doing the washing and cleaning, and almost no luxury, but being happy. My brother only wears brands, and etc... I could care less if the clothes are 1 dollar each, if they look good on me. But when I buy something that is for long term use, like mobiles or jewelry, I dont go cheap if I can avoid it.

sorry for the long reply, and for going off topic.

So, anyone else wants to share their beautiful engagement rings?

<3
      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
        That aside I wanted to make a mention about platnum. It is very heavy. The bonus is it never has to be replated/worked on (unlike white gold which needs to be recoated every year or so), but do try a few rings on first if you're into platnum. Mine is platnum and I love it, but no joke, the weight can sometimes make your finger ache a bit. It's bizzare. (And possibly I'm just weird.)
        My wedding ring is platnum as well, but I don't really feel it at all. Only when I put it in the palm of my hand, then I do notice that's it's heavier than my white gold rings, but besides than I don't see it as heavy. My SO's ring is platnum as well, even heavier than mine, but no complains from him either XD.

Comment

Originally posted by CynicalQuixotic View Post
          Out in the bush, yes. In the city, hells no lol.
          But still. Too much. Toooo much. Haha
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Didn't think I cared more than that the stone shouldn't stick out. But now that a proposal is actually close enough (in the next year or so), I went looking, and fell in love. /: I really shouldn't have cause now I'm going to be all picky about it. We'll see what he thinks.

Well, here it is

I like the sapphires, love the way blue stones look on jewelry.

Comment

Originally posted by 13000km View Post
              Didn't think I cared more than that the stone shouldn't stick out. But now that a proposal is actually close enough (in the next year or so), I went looking, and fell in love. /: I really shouldn't have cause now I'm going to be all picky about it. We'll see what he thinks.

Well, here it is

OMG THESE ARE SO PRETTY! *O*

Comment

Ok, so I think I've found the one that I like the most (without having tried any on, though).. I've posted it on here before and it still says it's a wedding ring but.. does that matter? Will someone know that it's a wedding ring and not an engagement ring?

God damnit, that is gorgeous

Comment

Originally posted by elina View Post
                  Ok, so I think I've found the one that I like the most (without having tried any on, though).. I've posted it on here before and it still says it's a wedding ring but.. does that matter? Will someone know that it's a wedding ring and not an engagement ring?

In a lot of cultures they don't have engagement rings and wedding rings, just one ring that symbolises both. That's what I think we will be doing, just one ring and use it again during the wedding. I'm sure no one will care what the ring was made for when you get engaged, except that it sparkles. And people won't consider you not married if you didn't get a new ring. Even if they do, who cares what they think? (; that ring is gorgeous.

Originally posted by OceanBlue View Post
                  OMG THESE ARE SO PRETTY! *O*
                  Isn't it? Now I'm hoping the boyfriend gets something similar. /:

Comment

Originally posted by elina View Post

VERY pretty! I have a similar one made out of yellow gold and yellow (conflict free) diamonds. My mom gave it to me and I love that thing so much. I can never wear it here though

If/when I get married/proposed to, I wouldn't want an engagement and wedding ring. Propose with the wedding ring is plenty rings for me.

Comment

Have not really put too much thought into an engagement ring really. I like gold. But i am sure that when the time comes, I will love whatever he gets, when it comes to jelwery i usually love it. I think that I am rather easy to buy for in that department.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by 13000km View Post

Well, here it is

So pretty! One day I'd like an eternity ring like this, but with emeralds.
                        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

What do you guys think about this one? Do people still believe that if there's a gap in the ring there will be and end to the marriage? /: Other than that the ring's perfect though...

Comment

No, it's very pretty but I wonder where that superstition with the marriage having to end because of that gap in the ring is coming from. Is that a diamond and what's the blue thing round the ring? It looks so simple, yet it has it own charm.

Personally, I like a ring like this:
                            That one is a Morganite ring accented with diamonds - it's so pretty and dainty and still simple enough! I'd want a ring like this if I ever get engaged/married.

Comment

Originally posted by SDPersona View Post
                              No, it's very pretty but I wonder where that superstition with the marriage having to end because of that gap in the ring is coming from. Is that a diamond and what's the blue thing round the ring? It looks so simple, yet it has it own charm.

That one is a Morganite ring accented with diamonds - it's so pretty and dainty and still simple enough! I'd want a ring like this if I ever get engaged/married.
                              That ring is stunning! Sooooo pretty!!!

@13000km- superstitions are what you make them. I think it's a really great ring. Boo hoo on those who think other wise!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDPersona View Post

Umm, I think it has something to do with the symbolism of wedding rings and how an unbroken circle signifies eternity...or something along those lines.
                                The blue thing is a sapphire. (: And the blue ring around it is just coloured into the titanium. I'm not a jewelry person so simple is the way to go for me.

The morganite ring is gorgeous!

One other question, why aren't titanium rings popular? I've only seen good things about them from the minimal research I've done. They're hardy, easy to maintain and very inexpensive, don't change colour or tarnish easily. Is there something wrong with them if a lot of them are priced < $100?

Comment

Working...
                                X