No announcement yet.

Skype Sleepover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds like the most amazing thing ever!! I so wish we could do that but he doesn't have any type of computer or webcam so we can't :'( we've never seen each other in real time, only pictures. I would do anything to just Skype with him. Oh well, maybe one day.

Comment

Wow, I've never even thought of trying something like this before. Too bad my SO's computer is in the living room. If it wasn't I think we'd definitely give this a shot.

Comment

I would love to try this with my boyfriend! We're in the same state, so time difference wouldn't be a problem. Although I don't think my parents would be too thrilled about it if they walked in...But I think I'll bring it up to him to see what he thinks and if he is willing to try it.
        sigpic

Comment

I love this idea! My SO and I have actually tried it a few times...the thing is, I can't seem to be able to fall asleep in front of him! lol I get caught up in watching him sleep, and then I just stare at him for ages until for one reason or the other the connection dies and I can't reconnect until he wakes up!
          So he hasn't seen me asleep yet.. And to be honest, I don't mind. I sleep weird and I'm very subconscious about it. I wonder if maybe I can't fall asleep in front of him because there's that in the back of my mind... And if so, how to get over it!?

Comment

Unfortunately we never do this. We did it a few times in the beginning of our relationship but my boyfriend doesnt really like it haha. And most of the time the connection drops in the middle of the night, so when we wake up, there is just a skype chat screen haha!
            With you or with no one.

Comment

Originally posted by Suuz View Post
              Unfortunately we never do this. We did it a few times in the beginning of our relationship but my boyfriend doesnt really like it haha. And most of the time the connection drops in the middle of the night, so when we wake up, there is just a skype chat screen haha!
              We've done it twice now. The first time we didn't have any problems with the connection, but the second time my computer did an automatic update and rebooted! I wouldn't have recalled him, but it was a special night for us. I had to wake him to get our Skype going again, but he was patient and understanding. I'm going to change the time for those updates!!!

Comment

We talked about this. I think it's a awesome idea. We face time from our iPhones/iPads. Anyone use that for a sleep over? We've never used Skye so I'm not familiar with it.

Comment

We've talked about it but haven't done it yet. It would be interesting, but I am just ready to be with him. Hopefully this year.

Comment

We had an iPad sleepover last night. I think we will tonight as well!
                    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
                      We had an iPad sleepover last night. I think we will tonight as well!
                      What did you think about it? I absolutely love seeing my SO during the night, but I don't sleep well. He doesn't sleep as well either. We both keep listening for the other and peeking at the other. It's a great experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I couldn't do it every night. Maybe after some time, we'd get used to it and be able to sleep.

I'm sure you doing the Skype sleepover with him, TaraMarie, helped him. I'm sure he is still stressed over the job falling through. Still thinking of you both on that, too.

Comment

We did a face time sleepover twice this weekend! Fun

Comment

Last night we had our third Face Time sleep over, love it! Falling asleep with her "there" and then waking up with her "there" closes the physical distance between us. I would suggest it to everyone.

Comment

I loved this idea and will definitely do this once mi SO moves away!

Comment

We did it, but my SO had to keep his light on because when he turned it off we couldn't see each other. both screens went black. How do you guys see each other?

Comment

Originally posted by eeelaynuh View Post
                                We did it, but my SO had to keep his light on because when he turned it off we couldn't see each other. both screens went black. How do you guys see each other?
                                I keep a soft lamp on that is on the floor, so the light isn't in my face too much. My SO keeps on a lamp and wears an eye mask to block out the light. When he wants to see me, he lifts the mask and takes a peek.

Comment

Working...
                                X