Skype Sleepover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To piratemama,
    That's is a amazing idea!! I can't really fall asleep because I have to open my lamp on desk to my face which is very bright!!
    Thanks

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
    I keep a soft lamp on that is on the floor, so the light isn't in my face too much. My SO keeps on a lamp and wears an eye mask to block out the light. When he wants to see me, he lifts the mask and takes a peek.

Comment

Besides, I am facing some problems with skype video call problem.
      We did automatic pick up. Mine is laptop and his is mobile phone.
      When he calls me, its always work to connect directly.
      However, maybe only 30% success when I call him. 70% Just no answer and h said he did not even see a miss call.
      In automatic pick up, although 30% will be success but most of the time I can't see him. Just like normal call and show his profile picture for me when I want a video chat (but I can see myself). (Be positive I still can see his profile pic and hear him :P)

Anyone facing same problems and anything I can do to make it work? Thanks

Comment

I've considered doing this with my SO. though i'd be too embarrassed to have my webcam on. it sucks in low light. and my household tends to be loud at times. dogs barking, people playing music, ect. I really want to try this! I'm just too embarrassed to ask and explain what it is!

Comment

No need to be embarassed - It's something very sweet to do together, and the worst your partner can say that it's not their cup of tea. Try it, you can do it

~
          It'll take a lot more than words and guns
          A whole lot more than riches and muscle
          The hands of the many must join as one
          And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Speaking from experience it REALLY works and does make you feel closer to your partner especially when you wake up and start spending the morning with them over Skype as well if you can
            As one door closes another always opens and now I look to the future with a new outlook and perspective on life, it's an open book and I'm ready for the next chapter

Comment

My SO and I do this as well! But it's every night xD

Comment

wow and here I thought we were the only ones who did this! We have been doing this for years almost 5 really we are 6 hours difference and i think we both sleep better this way although it does take a toll on your electronics we have both been thru alot of laptops and desk tops alike thru the years...all worth it!

Comment

Yeah! My boyfriend and I are six hours apart as well! I've pretty much drained my battery doing this xD

Comment

Hey all, I can't believe how common this is! It really is the best feeling in the world...

Me and my partner have a 5 hour difference but luckily for us I'm a morning person and he's a night owl
                    We tend to use FaceTime over wifi because it's easy to move around but when he gets off from work he'll call me and just sit me next to him on the sofa etc whilst I sleep, then just as I'm waking up he is going to bed so it's then my turn to tuck him in haha - it's those days that make me feel alive

Comment

Originally posted by jjimene5 View Post
                      Yeah! My boyfriend and I are six hours apart as well! I've pretty much drained my battery doing this xD
                      I have 7 hours time difference, but this is difficult. Somebody is always at work while the other one is sleeping .

But it is a cute idea if this is possible.

Comment

We have that problem too, but we try very hard to save some time for eachother and then eventually we fall asleep. It's fantastic (:

Comment

I've tried it with my SO once, and it was pretty fun! But right now it can be tricky (or even impossible) to do since our time difference is 10 hours. I don't mind though, because it's hard for me to fall asleep when my computer is on AND especially when it overheats, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Liiru View Post
                            I've tried it with my SO once, and it was pretty fun! But right now it can be tricky (or even impossible) to do since our time difference is 10 hours. I don't mind though, because it's hard for me to fall asleep when my computer is on AND especially when it overheats, lol
                            Well, you kept waking up because it was too bright. xD Whereas I'm not comfortable sleeping in complete darkness... We may have a problem once we close the distance! lol xD

Comment

Originally posted by Fretboard_Magic View Post
                              Well, you kept waking up because it was too bright. xD Whereas I'm not comfortable sleeping in complete darkness... We may have a problem once we close the distance! lol xD
                              It's not a big problem And yes, the brightness woke me up because it was really dark at night anyway. Imagine somebody pointing at you with a flashlight. Same thing xD
                              Last edited by Liiru; July 10, 2014, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Liiru View Post
                                It's not a big problem And yes, the brightness woke me up because it was really dark at night anyway. Imagine somebody pointing at you with a flashlight. Same thing xD
                                Fair enough. xD

Skype Sleepover right now would be difficult for my girlfriend and me because, as she's said, our time difference is currently 10 hours(instead of 6 when I'm Japan). But we think it's a cool thing to do. Mind you, I come from the Stickam world where a lot of people would sleep on cam often back in the day. It's just that there's something really special about doing that in a 1-on-1 setting.

Comment

Working...
                                X