Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games corner! Dyou and your SO play games together? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games corner! Dyou and your SO play games together? :)

Ok, so my SO and I play numerous games together online and recently, our games list has included:

-An MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game) called Shaiya. It's a bit like World of Warcraft, but it doesn't cost you anything to play and is extremely good fun if not highly addictive!
    -An anime based roleplaying game called Grand Fantasia. This game is extremely cute and has the option of being able to form lover relationships ingame with people, ideal if you wanted to carry your LDR with your SO through in the game
    -Secondlife. We don't play this much, because our computers tend to crash trying to load it sometimes , but it's pretty good fun when it works and I love the ability to fly around and hug and kiss your SO
    -MSN games. They're good fun, if your SO has msn then it's good fun pitting yourself against them playing the variety of games that msn has to offer. My personal favourite is Fishticuffs, although Bejeweled is pretty awesome too I like Checkers as well There are lots more games to choose from, too many to list really lol
    -Xbox live. My SO and I like to play Halo 3 online and Fable 3, and since he only just got his xbox a short while ago, we don't have that many games to play at the moment, but as the number of games we have increases, we know we're gonna spend more time playing on xbox live. xD

I was just wondering if any of you guys play online games with your SO as well, and if you do, what games do you play?

Here's some links if guys want to play some of the games I've mentioned in my list

To play and download Shaiya:

https://shaiya.aeriagames.com/

To play and download Grand Fantasia:

https://grandfantasia.aeriagames.com/

Me and my SO are huge gamers! Or well I am and he just got more interested in it because of me xD but! We've been searching for MMORPG's to play, so far we've tried Aika, which is an anime medival online free game. We also tried Runes of Magic but it had terrible graphics for him :/ not to mention games like that are so confusing in the beginning, we mainly joined for the "marriage" feature. I wanted to try Fable 3 on PC with him (because it has marriage and children options for co op) but his computer can't handle that much :/ maybe someday though xD I tried second life, didn't like the choppy graphics.

As for game consoles, he and I play PS3 games like COD Black Ops and Dead Rising 2. We also play Army of Two 40th day and Assasssins Creed Brotherhood. He accidentally bought Borderlands online so I might buy that game to play with him soon

Anyway! Thanks for the links! We considered Shaiya before but not Grand Fantasia! I'll give that one a look!

Comment

Welll him and I met playing COD, so if we do play any games it's going to be some sort of FPS. He's not really into MMO's as much as I am (which my interest has gone down over the years anyway) so we don't play any of those. But it's okay because I love COD, and we're both competitive in nature so it's a healthy way for us to 'fight.'
      We also played Portal 2 together... and beat it like right away. But afterward I came to the conclusion that we are not very good at EFFECTIVE team work. Most of the game was me telling him what to do, or us play fighting a lot to make each others portal experience a living hell... But it was still fun!

Comment

We play Pool on Omgpop sometimes, which is pretty fun ...and also Mario Kart on the Nintendo DS over Nintendo WFC
        Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

Comment

My SO and I play Pogo. :P We like to play Monopoly together on there and sometimes Bingo. Sometimes I Skype her in to my Skip-bo games with my friends to make it seem like she's not so far away. We used to play Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox Live until I got rid of my Xbox. People would get so mad because we'd just play around and not try to kill anybody. :P

Comment

We met on Second Life and though we both maintain characters there, they are pretty much inactive. We log in very rarely to do something together there but it's extremely rare.

We did play DDO for a bit online which is much like World of Warcraft but cheaper and free unless you want the premium account. Our work schedules are different though so typically when I get home from work I'm doing housework and fixing supper, then he comes home a few hours later and he's ready to relax and watch some television, so we do that rather than game.
            Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
            Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
            Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
            Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
            Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

We play Lord of the Rings Online (hehe), settlers of catan, annnd mahjong sometimes!

Comment

We met on a game, but we play WoW, and some random things from time to time. I'm going to eventually get CoD to play with him on ps3.
                https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
                Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

We play Lord of the Rings Online also. I have been grateful that we found something to spend time together with while we are LDR. And you can play some of the game for free.

Comment

We played Fable III together, and she has emasculated me at games like Deadliest Warrior and SoulCalibur IV. I've tried to get her to go a round of chess, but she's not really into board games. We're both very eager for the release of Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I'm kind of curious if I can convince her to try DCU Online since it just went free-to-play and I'm a comic nerd. But honestly we have little enough time as it is, that time to play together is hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorTom View Post
                      We played Fable III together, and she has emasculated me at games like Deadliest Warrior and SoulCalibur IV. I've tried to get her to go a round of chess, but she's not really into board games. We're both very eager for the release of Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I'm kind of curious if I can convince her to try DCU Online since it just went free-to-play and I'm a comic nerd. But honestly we have little enough time as it is, that time to play together is hard to find.
                      I'm too stupid to understand chess! There's no flashy lights or loud explosions, or even a good laser or gun fight.

Comment

Originally posted by beckychan View Post
                        Welll him and I met playing COD, so if we do play any games it's going to be some sort of FPS. He's not really into MMO's as much as I am (which my interest has gone down over the years anyway) so we don't play any of those. But it's okay because I love COD, and we're both competitive in nature so it's a healthy way for us to 'fight.'
                        We also played Portal 2 together... and beat it like right away. But afterward I came to the conclusion that we are not very good at EFFECTIVE team work. Most of the game was me telling him what to do, or us play fighting a lot to make each others portal experience a living hell... But it was still fun!
                        I felt the same way when we played Portal 2 except he was the one telling me what to do. He got wicked frustrated with me because I wouldn't listen and I'd build my own portals lol

Comment

We're not that much of players, altough we both do like truth or dare. Recently it's become something we do only rarely because we're both running out of questions. But we even played it on our date when we met each other first time.

Other than that, we have played some MSN games. I like Fishticuffs too, she actually calls me with a petname that includes the word "fishy", so she thought it would be good fun. Unfortunately, I don't think I have ever won her... I don't know how she does that, seriously! Then she's all happy when she beats me. We've tried some other random MSN games as well.

And we played this one roleplaying game together too, actually we met through it, but she stopped playing like a year ago or something. I still play it rarely.
                          "Everyone smiles in the same language."

Comment

How cool to see so many gamers on here!

We are both big-time gamers, and that's how we met, in Final Fantasy XI. We still play that together a lot. We have also played Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic, but the other one we play a lot is Starcraft 2. Apparently females are so rare in that game that no one ever believes I am one, lol...but it's a fun game if you're into real-time strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Laura_N View Post
                              Other than that, we have played some MSN games. I like Fishticuffs too, she actually calls me with a petname that includes the word "fishy", so she thought it would be good fun. Unfortunately, I don't think I have ever won her... I don't know how she does that, seriously! Then she's all happy when she beats me. We've tried some other random MSN games as well.
                              I LOVE FISHTICUFFS! Lol It's the best...I've played it a few times on msn with my SO, but I always lose xD

Comment

Working...
                              X