Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games corner! Dyou and your SO play games together? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the time! We're both gamers. We met playing games, we constantly talk about games and we're always playing games together.

We're always looking for co-op games to play together. Straight up mulitplayer is ok, but we don't really like playing against each other. It happens sometimes, but not often. We prefer to play on the same team.

We used to play EVE and WoW. They've both gone downhill since and we're forever trying to find games to replace them. Rift was really fun, but unfortunately the graphics (although very pretty) were too much for his computer.

We're big Steam fans and tried some of the new F2P games on there. Spiral Knights was fun, but it's very casual unless you buy energy. You can only really get a couple hours out of it each night and then you'll have to wait for it to replenish. :/ We played through both L4D games together. Whenever there's a new map we'll play through it. The co-op mode in Portal 2 was awesome and I wish there was more co-op puzzle games like it. TF2 is really fun too. Sometimes we get bored of the regular games and look for mods. So far we really like dodgeball and prop hunt. I am the one and only!~

He likes to watch LPs, so a lot of the time he'll just want to watch me play something. I don't have the best upload speeds on my connection, so it makes it a bit difficult to stream to him. Sometimes I'll just make him a private LP and upload it to Youtube for him to enjoy later. ZSNES (the version with netplay) is good for playing old skool games. He's not much of a console gamer, so he hasn't played a lot of them so I teach him about the classics. :P

Lately we've been really into playing League of Legends, Minecraft and Terraria together. We'd be playing Starcraft 2 if we could afford it heh. But we'll watch the MGL, Day9 and other playcasts on Twitch.tv together.

Yeah, we're kinda nerdy. XD

Comment

Right now me and my SO always play Halo:Reach! I love Halo, and it's great to be able to play with my love! He really likes COD, so I'll have to pick up MW3 when it comes out in November.

Comment

MW3 comes out in NOVEMBER already pre-order that - got it on lock down. SOOO pumped!! I got my SO hooked on COD, and I can't wait to destroy him on MW3. I just hope it's as good or BETTER than MW2...not this crackops bs.
        .We've Closed the Distance.
        no matter where i am, no matter where you are
        i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
        no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
        all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

Yes, Black Ops was awful! It gave me a bad impression of COD! My SO says it was the worst one, so I'll have to give COD another chance in November!

Comment

Originally posted by xo_Kayla View Post
            Right now me and my SO always play Halo:Reach! I love Halo, and it's great to be able to play with my love! He really likes COD, so I'll have to pick up MW3 when it comes out in November.
            Oh no not COD haha! My SO is trying to convince me to buy Black Ops but I'm not too sure

I absolutely love Halo. We play it together lots on the weekends when we don't have work to do, especially Reach

Comment

When he was here we played angry birds on his phone a lot lol. We would pass it to each other back and forth beating levels, so now every time i see those angry bird dolls makes me think of him. And we played the sims on FB, its together but not really together. We play separably but we made our sims fall in love together lol
              I love you Nathan <3
              sigpic
              5/25/09 <3

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
                When he was here we played angry birds on his phone a lot lol. We would pass it to each other back and forth beating levels, so now every time i see those angry bird dolls makes me think of him.
                THIS. SO ADDICTING.
                He even randomly makes the "PUH-KAWWWW!" noise of the red bird LOL. (yes, in public.)

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                \

Comment

I try... he is never to into it. It makes me sad. haha
                  Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I know this is an old thread and I really wanted to post my own but thought it best I post something on here rather than starting another one.

Anyway, me and hubby love playing games together, whether it be millionaire, poker, the list goes on but we aren't that computer literate to know the best websites where we can play together, just me and him. I am in the U.K, he's in America. So which sites would you suggest for us to start off with. We don't really have the money to pay so any free site suggestions would be good. Thanks in advance....

Started Writing - February 2010
                    First Visit - September 2010
                    Second Visit - June 2011
                    Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
                    Our Wedding Day - April 2012
                    Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
                    NOA1 - July 2012
                    NOA2 - December 2012
                    Fourth Visit - December 2012
                    Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

We met playing World of Warcraft and still play. We have tried other games like Aion, Lord of the Rings, and D & D, but we couldn't really get into them. He plays Guild Wars 2. We also play pogo a lot and we do puzzles together on OMGPOP.

Comment

Thanks monkeynbunny....will check out OMGPOP....Is that a free site or do you have to pay? We just want simple games that will help us interact with one another...nothing too confusing........Lol!

Started Writing - February 2010
                        First Visit - September 2010
                        Second Visit - June 2011
                        Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
                        Our Wedding Day - April 2012
                        Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
                        NOA1 - July 2012
                        NOA2 - December 2012
                        Fourth Visit - December 2012
                        Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

At the moment I'm addicted to this game: www.aqworlds.com

Totally love it!

Also play Shaiya, my other half and I recently moved to the good guys side :P I'm the OP haha

Comment

Originally posted by Oldblighty View Post
                            Thanks monkeynbunny....will check out OMGPOP....Is that a free site or do you have to pay? We just want simple games that will help us interact with one another...nothing too confusing........Lol!
                            Yes its a free site. I think there is paid features but not positve. For the most part we play POGO, but on there you can do puzzles but not the same one. You can be in the same room but not work on the same puzzle. On OMGPOP you can work on the same puzzle. We have races to see you can put together more the fastest. Your timed and you get a score so its fun to challenge each other lol. There are other games but we haven't played anything else on there yet. Hope you and your SO like it and have some fun!

Comment

My boyfriend and I met on Xbox live so we play a lot of games together.

1. MW3
                              2. Halo Reach
                              3. Full House Poker
                              4. Minecraft (I'm really addicted to this game)
                              5. Magic the Gathering
                              6. A lot more xD

Comment

Good to "meet" other people who enjoy playing games with their SOs! It was fun to read the games you are playing and maybe get some ideas.

My fiance and I met through EverQuest a long time ago! We recently have played TOR (The Old Republic - Star Wars MMORPG) together, as well as Guild Wars 2. We have also played Magic the Gathering (Steam version) together and probably a few other games that I can't think of right now. I am in kind of a "game funk" right now, so the only thing we are playing together is SongPop on FB.

Comment

Working...
                                X