Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games corner! Dyou and your SO play games together? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On our first visit, he introduced me to the Zelda franchise, saying that I needed to branch out more from Mario, Sonic and Pac-man :P (cheeky one, he is). At one point, we did play Diablo 3 together. Haha, those were fun times with me and my laggy butt. Especially on the launch date, the both of us would race to see who would get to their account first after getting so many 404 crashes. I also played Faster Than Light (FTL) with him, but it was more of a co-op because he commandeered the characters (he named them Peach, Zelda and my name on my behalf XD) and power-ups while I gave him directions on what to do when enemies attacked or something.

Otherwise, we mostly played Minecraft, but I want to play more games with him soon, something like Starcraft 2 (or 3, which is coming out) or WoW.

Comment

yay! I love seeing other gamer-couples!

here are the list of games we've played since we've gotten together:
      - counterstrike 1.6
      - forsaken world
      - diablo 3
      - guild wars 2
      - counterstrike: global offense

Comment

my sso and i met playing wow about 4 years ago and its only been the last month or so that we have been talking like everyday, we still play wow together. He just upgraded my account to MOP for me. we are thinking about meeting in person sometime next november. when we first met neither of us was single but we both are now :

Comment

Originally posted by XxFranticLovexX View Post
          We used to play pool together on omgpop way back when we first met. We have also played a couple mmorpgs called "FlyFF" and "Aika" together and we played WoW for a little while. I think the game that we've played together most has been Fable 3 on xbox live though. But now, he doesn't have an internet connection at the moment, his gold subscription ran out, and we both kinda got bored with the game because we played it so much. I kinda want to find something else that I can get (and enjoy) that we can play together once we get back into a situation where we're able to do so, but I've not really had much luck with that yet.
          Oh, we use to play WoW together too.. which he has now transitioned back to and convinced me to join him yet again. I just finished re-downloading the game yesterday. XD

I also, sorta, compete against him on the game called "Doritos Crash Course" on xbox live.. but that's more of me always trying to beat his score when he tops mine then telling him about it. I don't remember if we've ever actually played together or not lol.
          Last edited by XxFranticLovexX; January 19, 2013, 01:23 AM.
          "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
          This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
          Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

She's never really played any online games, just some on her phone etc, I used to play a ton of games, but since meeting her I don't really bother, used to be my xbox and I was serious, I used to complete a new game within a day or 2, now I've had a couple of games I traded in for since meeting her and still haven't completed them 2 months later! I decided to work all the time instead lol

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
            2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
            3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
            4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
            5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
            6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
            7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
            Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
            UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Just got done testing out Neverwinter, the new mmo that's in open beta now. Check it out, it's beautiful, runs well and is free! My SO and I played for over four hours tonight and had a ton of fun!

Comment

My SO and I met while beta testing Pirates of the Caribbean Online. We have played tons of mmos ever since. We have played WoW, POTCO, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, LOTRO, etc. We also have played some games that are co op, like Saints Row the Third and the like. My SO and I love playing games together!

Comment

I met my couple in Eden Eternal~ Nowadays, we don't play that game anymore. Though we are planning on trying out Ragnarok Online 2 soon~
                  You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

We always try out all the new MMOs (we met on WoW and always end up back there :P ) so atm we're playing Neverwinter. It's quite fun at the moment! And free to play.

Comment

Met mine on Nexon's Mabinogi. We both use Steam extensively. My SO loves Company of Heroes, to the point where she considers it "our" game =P

Also play:
                      • Age of Empires II
                      • Assassin's Creed III
                      • Star Trek: Armada II
                      • PlanetSide 2
                      • Team Fortress 2
                      • Ragnarok Online 2
                      • Borderlands (1 and 2; her other favourite)
                      • Killing Floor
                      • Left 4 Dead (both)
                      • Sim City 4
                      • Star Trek Online
                      • Poker Night at the Inventory (my SO taught me how to play)
                      • To The Moon (great story)
                      • World of Tanks (my SO loves tanks now; sorta stopped for now though)
                      • Sins of a Solar Empire (current game of choice)
                      • Warframe (sorta)
                      • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (replaced with PlanetSide).

Comment

Me and my SO are getting ready to become Alpha testers for the new 22cans game Godus. I backed the kickstarter for his Christmas present and some of the perks for backers includes Alpha and Beta licenses and a forum for the backers to submit feedback to 22cans. We share our handle on the forum by him typing in Black and me in Pink. He is chomping at the bit because the Alpha should be out before July. Godus is successor to Popolous and he has been playing Populous everyday getting ready for it.
                        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

We play chess, the online versions of some popular trading card games, and are looking at Star Wars: The Old Republic because he's a sci-fi fan. I used to hope to draw him into some fantasy MMO's, but that's one thing we differ on. There are resources for playing D&D "tabletop" online, though, and he said he's always wanted to try it at least once...

Comment

We play Guild Wars 2 mostly nowadays. I wish I could get him into the original Guild Wars! We also dabbled into Tera Online but he's very experienced in it and doesn't realize how confusing it is at the beginning. I like taking my time and making my own mistakes and he's all efficient and knows exactly where to go...
                            So, here you are
                            too foreign for home
                            too foreign for here.
                            Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Originally posted by Pinion View Post
                              We play chess, the online versions of some popular trading card games, and are looking at Star Wars: The Old Republic because he's a sci-fi fan. I used to hope to draw him into some fantasy MMO's, but that's one thing we differ on. There are resources for playing D&D "tabletop" online, though, and he said he's always wanted to try it at least once...
                              If he's a sci-fi fan, I would strongly recommend looking into Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (There's also Sins: Trinity, but this version has everything Trinity has and more). Unfortunate too, 'cause you just missed a Steam sale. It was on sale for $15; 66% off =P

Now that it's back up in price, though, there's Star Trek Online if you like that. In terms of fantasy MMOs, I really enjoyed Mabinogi by Nexon for its innovative combat system. If you're looking for something more team-oriented, consider Team Fortress or Global Agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow View Post
                                If he's a sci-fi fan, I would strongly recommend looking into Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (There's also Sins: Trinity, but this version has everything Trinity has and more). Unfortunate too, 'cause you just missed a Steam sale. It was on sale for $15; 66% off =P

Now that it's back up in price, though, there's Star Trek Online if you like that. In terms of fantasy MMOs, I really enjoyed Mabinogi by Nexon for its innovative combat system. If you're looking for something more team-oriented, consider Team Fortress or Global Agenda.
                                Thanks! I'll look up some information on those games to show him tonight.

I haven't heard of Mabinogi, but to be fair I've been away from MMOs for some time since my League of Legends days died down. Skimming the Wikipedia article it definitely sounds bold. I would never have thought of character aging and rebirth.

Comment

Working...
                                X