No announcement yet.

Who is spending christmas with their SO? <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be spending winter break in his country so this will be our first Christmas and New Year together. My parents and grandmother are also visiting for a week, arriving the day after Christmas, to meet my SO and his family. Definitely an exciting trip!
    When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
    no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

First meeting and first Christmas/NY together! So excited!

Comment

Yay! Booked the first part of my SO's trip for Christmas today! Our return date isn't available yet to book, but I'm just glad it's confirmed that we'll have CHRISTMAS TOGETHER

Comment

I'm not, I'm spending it with my family and I'm crazy excited

Met online: 1/30/11
          Met in person: 5/30/12
          Second visit: 9/12/12
          Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

First Christmas together, this year. Me my daughter and my SO. Utterly terrified and excited as my way of spending Christmas is way different than his.
            “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
            ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
            Closed the distance >21.03.2015
            sigpic

Comment

Spending both Christmas and New Year together in our new house

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I finally know: we're gonna spend this Christmas together! Even if our situation isnt that happy and quiet, and it wont be for few months, but at least we'll be together and my little winter plans will be accomplished..

Comment

here! I just got an early christmas gift from my boyfriend. He bought a plane ticket for me so we can spend christmas and new years together. That is amazing. Unfortunately I have to fly back on the 1 January..but I mean it's better than nothing right?

Comment

Originally posted by Malaga View Post
                    Spending both Christmas and New Year together in our new house

Awww that is just awesome!!

I just agreed to SO and I hosting Christmas dinner with his mom and some of his family members !!! Excited but oh so nervous! lol
                    Met Online : July 2013
                    Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                    2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                    3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                    Proposal : December 2014
                    Closed distance : February 2015
                    Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

sounds awesome petals!! and its getting closer and closer everyone ^^

it would be cool if some of you would share some of the christmas pics and ideas. What y'all gonna do?? Christmas dinners? just the 2 of u or with friends/family?

Comment

So I asked him again about Christmas. He stated his family hasn't mentioned anything about a get together so he is going to plan to come out here. Unless there is a major snow/ice storm that appears, we should be okay. He'll have to drive and it's going to take him about 14 hours or so.

We'll end up spending most of the time with my family as we always do Christmas Day at my parents house. It will depend on how late he gets here Christmas Eve to decide if we are going to do anything other than just go to bed lol.
                        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambert View Post
                          sounds awesome petals!! and its getting closer and closer everyone ^^

it would be cool if some of you would share some of the christmas pics and ideas. What y'all gonna do?? Christmas dinners? just the 2 of u or with friends/family?
                          My SO arrives late on the 23. I have to work on the 24 for half a day (in order to get the 26th off), and he will be cooking while I am at work. This year will be my first year divorced, so it will be a little different. The kids are spending the night with their dad, so we are having friends over to celebrate with dinner and drinks. I will get to sleep in Christmas morning (my first time in 24 years!) and when the kids get home we will have our family Christmas and traditional dinner. I am sure the remainder of the weekend will entail a lot of friends and drinking, I am so excited. This is the first year he ISNT in retail, so he is super excited for the holidays as well. we won't be together for New Years but that is ok. I know we will be NEXT year, and we head out on a cruise on jan 3, them he goes home to pack and move to Ga. 2015 is going to be the best year EVER.
                          sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Christmas was a topic that came up for us, since I wanted to visit my SO sometime during my school break. We discussed it and ultimately decided against spending Christmas together. My SO comes from a huge Mormon family and Christmas is always a big gettogether for them, with all its rituals and festivities, and it's a pretty big deal. Since he wants to move here next Spring, it will be his last Christmas with his family for a while, and I would hate getting in the way of that. It's my first visit to his family, so of course a lot of attention will be on me, and I don't want to distract from the family time. I want my SO and his folks to enjoy that together. I'm fine knowing that we'll still spend New Years and my birthday in Utah, and that we'll share plenty of Christmases together in the future.

~
                            It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                            A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                            The hands of the many must join as one
                            And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Last year I was supposed to visit my SO for the holiday but I had some legal troubles and we were on a break from our relationship during the holidays due to those problems I found myself in. This year I was again supposed to visit her but I lost my job and will be unable to visit due to financial reasons. It was very hard to tell her I wouldn't be there for Christmas but she understands and tries to cheer me up, although sometimes she will count down the days left until Christmas and tells me she wishes I could be there to spend the holiday there with her. It makes me feel so bad...not having money sucks sometimes.

Comment

i am..in my dreams

Comment

Working...
                                X