Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bbyg
    Hello everyone,

For those of us in international long distance relationships, it can be hard to know just when we'll see our partner next. From applying to visitor or work permits, to simply seeing each other for a short time, it can be very challenging. I certainly know the struggle.

That is the situation my partner (of 3 years) and I are currently in. Our relationship spans across the Atlantic, and I am working on saving up for our next flight to see each other as soon as possible.

There's nothing I would like more than to surprise him over the holidays with some savings toward our next arrangement. I figured what better place than here to share my full LDR story. Please share your long distance relationship struggles and/or success stories in the comments section. I know he will be overwhelmed with excitement when I share this with him on the final day.

Read my story and please share your own at indiegogo(.)com/projects/from-uk-to-ca/x/9242202

I hope all is well in the world of long-distance relationship!

Best regards.
    I reported your post. I completely understand wanting to see your SO for the holidays or figuring out a way to scrap together enough money to buy a ticket to visit during any time of the year. In that regard, most of us are in the same situation. Feel free to vent, ask for advice, and embrace a community of people who can understand. Do not ask for money in any way.
    When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
    no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Originally posted by conejita_hada View Post
      I reported your post. I completely understand wanting to see your SO for the holidays or figuring out a way to scrap together enough money to buy a ticket to visit during any time of the year. In that regard, most of us are in the same situation. Feel free to vent, ask for advice, and embrace a community of people who can understand. Do not ask for money in any way.
      Not to mention that this person has posted this exact post in almost every thread.....
      [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
      became official: 28.03.11
      first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
      second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
      our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
      third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
      fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
      surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
      viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
      jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
      my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

I can't physically be there with her this year but I am there in spirit. We are still going to celebrate it together to the best of our abilities. It is something that someday we will be able to do.

Comment

Originally posted by lovefrom2800milesaway View Post
          Not to mention that this person has posted this exact post in almost every thread.....
          I didn't see that before (my internet was cutting out). Wow...
          When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
          no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

We are not this year. We could spend some of it together, but there is so much going on in my life right now that I decided against it. Among other things, I am moving and selling /buying houses. When I leave him in early December, I will not see him for another 7-8 weeks, which is a long time for us, but then HOPEFULLY I will have him here in our NEW flat by the end of January to stay for a whole month. I decided not to read much at all on this visit, since he also is neither working nor studying, so we can have holiday together on this visit instead Then I'll just embrace myself for the waiting time and get busy.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Well, we are definitely spending Christmas (Yule) together, but the fight has begun with his parents on why I feel WE should spend Christmas HERE with my family.. What part of this do they NOT understand?.. My father is ill, he has senile dementia and is deteriorating quickly.. This is the first Christmas in 25 years that my parents are in the same home together, and since my mother is also chronically ill, it could very well be their last.. Its crazy, no matter how many times I tell them this, they are even threatening to throw him out if he spends Christmas here!! (He has one semester left before completion of his degree) UUGGGGHHHH The turmoil is driving us both NUTS!!! Sorry, a little vent today... A.M. Green

Comment

Originally posted by AnnMarie Green View Post
                Well, we are definitely spending Christmas (Yule) together, but the fight has begun with his parents on why I feel WE should spend Christmas HERE with my family.. What part of this do they NOT understand?.. My father is ill, he has senile dementia and is deteriorating quickly.. This is the first Christmas in 25 years that my parents are in the same home together, and since my mother is also chronically ill, it could very well be their last.. Its crazy, no matter how many times I tell them this, they are even threatening to throw him out if he spends Christmas here!! (He has one semester left before completion of his degree) UUGGGGHHHH The turmoil is driving us both NUTS!!! Sorry, a little vent today... A.M. Green
                I.m very sorry to hear that, that is not something that should be made such a big deal of - especially not since xmas is supposed to be a peaceful time. I hope his folks can understand at some point in the near future. I can fully understand why x-mas should be with your Family this year.

We're having xmas together in switzerland, as he, for soe reason, doesn't want to spend Christmas or new years in England. While I do think that he should spend time with his Family especially after he had was away for three month ad just came back, I also can't say much against his idea to want to spend it here - I it most certainly makes me happy! So all in all, he's gonna be here for almost three weeks!
                happiness can be found in the darkest of places, if only you remember to turn on the light

Comment

Every holiday season, since we started dating, I've gone to visit my SO. Our family really never did Christmas and winter break was one of my longest breaks from school. We won't be doing a visit this year, but there's a good chance we'll have closed the distance in time for next December. It'll be really nice being around family this year and enjoying a proper, snowy white Christmas while I can.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

I wish I could.

Comment

we can't spend christmas together this year, as we are finishing getting my fiance visa and so I will be moving there in January, at first we were sad but at least once we close the distance we will have many more christmases to look forward to spending together His family have bought me gifts though and the plan is when I move there in January, open them then, also my fiance and I will exchange gifts.
                      Also it does mean I have time to spend with my family before I move to America, last christmas with them in England for a while.

Comment

Same as Ambert <3

Comment

Going to visit him for the first time, he visited me a few months ago, and now i'm taking the airplane on saturday to go see him and spend christmas and new year together with him and i'm also going to meet his parents and sister for the first time! Urgh, I'm so excited.

Comment

I also have my flight on saturday! ^_^ Also spending christmas and new year's with him, I'm so excited <3 it's our first christmas together, last year this time I was crying myself to sleep cause he wasn't here and now it will be completely different. It's the third time I'll be flying over and seeing his family and I have bought so many presents that it's gonna be half of my allowed baggage weight ohboy xD I just couldn't help myself, my first christmas with them is going to be something special. Also my first christmas away from home but it is all worth it

Comment

I DID!! yay!
                              First christmas together!
                              but Christmas is suposed to be cold and not 40 degrees haha
                              Why else would all the songs be about 'white christmas', the decorations be with snowflakes and santa be dressed in winterclothes?
                              Next time he can come here and have a proper cold christmas!

Comment

Hi everyone! I hope yall had a great time. At least I did It was absolutely amazing so spend these days with my so for the first time I am looking forward to every following (holi)day I will spend with him!!

Comment

Working...
                                X