Who is spending christmas with their SO? <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is spending christmas with their SO? <3

Well, I am!!! And I am so happy about it ^^ Also meeting his parents for the first timee.

How about you guys? <3

I am and he is meeting my parents for the first time. I'm so excited

Comment

Ooooh! Well you're lucky. Him + your parents can both speak English. My SO's mother does not speak English so I am so scared she won't like me or we won't be able to communicate :X

Comment

Its always very nice to spend christmas with SO... <3 I am too...

Comment

I am , but I am sure you will do fine. I am sure you've learned a few words and greetings in their language. I suppose your SO wI'll have a busy job translating for you both. just relax and enjoy it.

Comment

I am aswell! His family doesnt make much fuzz around christmas, and my family, exept for my mum, is being horribly fuzzy about it (conservative christians, something I have a bit trouble dealing with on a day to day basis already.) My Mum spends christmas with them, so I am glad to get away and just have cozy times with my guy and his folks.

Comment

When I celebrate christmas, all we do is go to church + have dinner at the church. I would really like to do something more, thats why i am happy I am spending my christmas with my SO <for the first time>.

I would just like to go out for dinner, give a gift, etc, etc...

Comment

He will be working all through Christmas as that is between his exams. Also hardly ever anyone celebrates Christmas in Turkey, least of all him, which is why I don't want to be there for Christmas. But I want to go there for some days before and after New Year. That way I can spend Christmas with my husband, my other family and friends, and Turkish New Year with him. My husband is working NE anyway. Maybe one day the three of us can spend the holidays together, that is my wish...

I also want to learn the Turkish/Muslim holidays/Bayrams but so far he only works more through Ramazan and the others, and he doesn't fast or pray, he is a lax Muslim...
                Last edited by differentcountries; October 29, 2014, 08:48 AM.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I am. I put in to have a week and a half off. We won't be able to spend Thanksgiving, or our anniversary, together though. He has work, and I'll more than likely have work.

Comment

I might

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                    Married: 1/24/2015
                    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I have not spent Christman with my SO yet but we have spent other holidays together. Honestly, for me, Christmas isn't a huge deal so I'm not that bothered by it. I may end up actually liking it once she moves her...probably not. Haha

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                      Married April 18th, 2015!!
                      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

*Raises both hands*

First Christmas together, too. It's not celebrated in my country, so I'm quite excited about the experience. And I'm proud to say that we are mostly done with Christmas shopping for the family already
                        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Booking flights tonight! This will be our first Christmas together .
                          Met Online : July 2013
                          Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                          2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                          3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                          Proposal : December 2014
                          Closed distance : February 2015
                          Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

So many first Christmases! That's lovely
                            We haven't spent Christmas together yet and won't again this year unfortunately. One day...

Comment

I am! It will be our third Christmas together. First as a married couple :-) I am so looking forward to it. I love Christmas!

Comment

Working...
                              X