Am I crazy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I crazy?

so, everybody who knows my story knows what I have been through...

in the past couple of days, I caught myself googling and searching for airline ticket prices (and a way to fill up my skymiles account) since I have so much time on my hands where I don't even know what to do with myself. Anyways, when Helen and I admitted our feelings to each other we didn't break out the big L word (no, not lesbian), but since I know her for so long and had feelings for her for such a long time, I want to tell her how I really feel! ...but I don't wanna do it over the phone, Skype, or any other impersonal way.

Here is my question: Should I spend the 700 dollars and travel 4600 miles around the world for just two days to show up at her work unexpectedly and tell her that I love her?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand GO:

If u are rich then i say yes . If u are not i wouldnt do it. I would rather save it up for a longer trip. Slow down Romeo be patient u will get the chance.

Comment

Money is not really the point to worry about... The thing is, I will go back on my ship on the 26 and then contacting her will be really difficult. It would be my last chance to see and really talk to her privately in over 5 months... the next trip is already planned. the other thing is the physical stress...

Comment

DO IT!

Comment

Go for it!

Comment

If you can afford to without compromising financing other trips to see her, then definitely.

Comment

Absolutely! If it wouldn't hurt the other things in your life, the sheer romanticism of it is worth all that. I wouldn't do it if it will strain your finances or make you lose your job, but considering you won't even be able to talk to her privately for a long while, I think it's worth it.
              Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
              Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
              Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
              LD again: July 24, 2012
              Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
              Married: November 1, 2014
              Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

Big yes! I just read your story, SO CUTE oh man. Exciting! Good luck

Comment

If you're not worried about the money, then totally do this! I can't think of a more honest and romantic gesture, if my guy did that, it would be one of the best things that ever happened to me. She'll feel like the luckiest woman in the world
                  Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

$700? I'm sooooo jealous... lol

YES!!!

Comment

A resounding YES, it seems like, from all of us!

If my guy were to show up just to tell me he loves me... I'm pretty sure I would cry out of happiness! Scratch that. I know I would. Do it, and then tell us all about it!!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Awh!! I vote YES!

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                          A resounding YES, it seems like, from all of us!

If my guy were to show up just to tell me he loves me... I'm pretty sure I would cry out of happiness! Scratch that. I know I would. Do it, and then tell us all about it!!
                          Yes.

Since money isn't an object for you, I say go for it!
                          { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                          Met online: February 2009
                          Feelings confessed: December 2010
                          Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                          Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                          First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                          Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                          Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                          Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                          to be continued...

Comment

the other thing is the physical stress...
                            You're not so old that your body wont recover Go on and do it!
                            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I say you seem to have the money and it's a really romantic gesture and you won't have as much contact with her for a few months..... Go for it!! But.. how is she with surprises? Is she the type that might be hard with change? Just something to think about.. but I'm sure that it would be amazing. I don't want to kill the spontaneousity but I also just thought I'd add... if you go unexpectedly, and she works or has other plans.. it's something to think about. But I'm sure you'd be able to catch up with her and say the words you really want to say. And it would be very romantic. I know I'd be overjoyed to see my SO unexpectedly just for him to say he loves me (he's already said it but it would still be sweet!). I'm sorry for saying too much, I was just going to say "go for it!" because I think it would be very sweet but then the logical part of my brain wanted to jump in and mention a few things in case you hadn't thought of them. But if you have the money to spend and it wouldn't hurt your budget at all, I say go for it! Because even if it is a super super short trip, at least you can get the words off your mind and know she knows. I hope it goes well, don't forget to tell us all about it too if you want!

Comment

Working...
                              X