SO telling me(again), to cheat on her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO telling me(again), to cheat on her

I got a message on Facebook from my SO this morning. Telling me(again) essentially, I could cheat with someone better than her. Never actually saying she wanted to break up.

But every time I send her gifts, she is ecstatic about receiving them. She has terrible problems with guilt.

There was this thread https://members.lovingfromadistance....u-cheat-online about online cheating, that was started back in 2011 with the last post being in 2012. If one of the 'definitions' of online cheating is spending more time communicating with someone other than the person you are involved with. How can that hold water, when the person you are involved with, doesn't communicate, but infrequently.

Also, If 'intimate' topics are never brought up(yet allowing for how 'intimacy' is defined), how could it be online cheating?

First Visit: September 2016
    Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
    Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
    John 4:12
    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

It's not cheating if you have permission

Comment

Well, do you want others beside her? And is she giving the all clear because she is guilty for you waiting on her?
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

The fact that you wrote; Cheat with someone better then her.

That made me think she maybe said so cause she does not feel "Good enough". In the begging of our relationship, I did not understand why my SO would ever go for someone like me, I felt he could do so much better. And this sound like something I would think when I had less self-confidence. After realizing he actually loves me as much as I love him, I no longer think I am not good enough, and would never think this again.

Just make sure, that even though she "gives you permission" as snow_girl says. That she is not just saying so, and will regret it. If she has bad self-confidence, and you cheat on her and tell her, I don´t know if it will help.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
          It's not cheating if you have permission
          Hmmm....
          Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
          Well, do you want others beside her? And is she giving the all clear because she is guilty for you waiting on her?
          Instead of, or in addition to her, neither.
          Originally posted by SaraHonRara View Post
          The fact that you wrote; Cheat with someone better then her.

That made me think she maybe said so cause she does not feel "Good enough". In the begging of our relationship, I did not understand why my SO would ever go for someone like me, I felt he could do so much better. And this sound like something I would think when I had less self-confidence. After realizing he actually loves me as much as I love him, I no longer think I am not good enough, and would never think this again.

Just make sure, that even though she "gives you permission" as snow_girl says. That she is not just saying so, and will regret it. If she has bad self-confidence, and you cheat on her and tell her, I don´t know if it will help.
          She has OCD. Which is the root of the guilt, to say nothing of the distance. Since I am as 'stubborn as bull', I don't fall into the trap. Because, It is a 'mental' foregone conclusion on her part.

For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
          I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Don´t know if I have any advice on this, just it really reminded me the beginnings of the relationship with my SO. After I left Denmark and we started LDR, I honestly did not think we might last long, even though I loved him so much. I knew we have long time in front of us when we can´t be together and I felt like I want too much from him. So I told him, if he meets someone and he will feel the connection, he should just go for it and tell me then, so we can end it and he can be with someone in "normal" relationship. He never met anyone like that, thank God for that I see you are with your SO for quite a time, maybe she feels in similar way ... I would say, just make sure she knows she is the only one for you no matter if CD or LD.

Comment

To me she's just wanting some sort of confirmation from you that she is the only one you want and you don't want anyone else.

Met Online: 02/2012
              Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
              First Met in person: 09/22/2012
              Started Dating: 10/30/2012
              Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

Originally posted by jana89 View Post
                Don´t know if I have any advice on this, just it really reminded me the beginnings of the relationship with my SO. After I left Denmark and we started LDR, I honestly did not think we might last long, even though I loved him so much. I knew we have long time in front of us when we can´t be together and I felt like I want too much from him. So I told him, if he meets someone and he will feel the connection, he should just go for it and tell me then, so we can end it and he can be with someone in "normal" relationship. He never met anyone like that, thank God for that I see you are with your SO for quite a time, maybe she feels in similar way ... I would say, just make sure she knows she is the only one for you no matter if CD or LD.
                I have been frustrated with the lack of communication. Because, Looking at the timeline at the bottom of my original post, you notice how long it has been since we have seen each other. 2.5yrs. ago was the last time we physically saw each other. I have stuck with it, even when she has been like this. It doesn't irritate me when she gets' like this. It saddens me.
                Originally posted by kayla_622 View Post
                To me she's just wanting some sort of confirmation from you that she is the only one you want and you don't want anyone else.
                I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

She just needs reassurance I'm sure.. I've been guilty of saying similar things. Sounds like she has low self esteem.

Comment

My SO said similar things to me in the beginning of our relationship. Actually... not to long ago he said something along the lines of "Well if you want to kiss someone on New Years it's fine."
                    I finally pointed out to him that to me:
                    1. maybe this meant he would like the freedom to do the kinds of things he was suggesting to me
                    2. maybe he wanted me to do these things because he wasn't sure about what was happening between us... or something along those lines.

He finally later admitted that it was just what he had experienced in the past. So he was giving me permission before I did something similar to what someone had done to him before. He realized then that I had given no indication of wanting that kind of relationship and he was pushing me away. He hasn't done it again.

Met in July 2006
                    Dated very briefly in November 2006
                    Reconnected in July 2011
                    Something changed in August 2013
                    He visited in November 2013
                    I traveled in November 2013
                    I visit in February 2014

Comment

I think that she is either looking for reassurance or hoping for you to fall for someone else because she doesn't want to be in the relationship anymore but doesn't want to break it off just like that for some reason. I don't know enough about the circumstances (for example why closing the distance is still to be discussed after such a long time) to really guess what it is, but those are the two things I think are possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten_mittens View Post
                        She just needs reassurance I'm sure.. I've been guilty of saying similar things. Sounds like she has low self esteem.
                        She does.
                        Originally posted by stormy View Post
                        My SO said similar things to me in the beginning of our relationship. Actually... not to long ago he said something along the lines of "Well if you want to kiss someone on New Years it's fine."
                        I finally pointed out to him that to me:
                        1. maybe this meant he would like the freedom to do the kinds of things he was suggesting to me
                        2. maybe he wanted me to do these things because he wasn't sure about what was happening between us... or something along those lines.

He finally later admitted that it was just what he had experienced in the past. So he was giving me permission before I did something similar to what someone had done to him before. He realized then that I had given no indication of wanting that kind of relationship and he was pushing me away. He hasn't done it again.
                        That is why, I played the trump card once, and told her she could do whatever she wanted. She flatly refused.
                        Originally posted by BagOfPenguins View Post
                        I think that she is either looking for reassurance or hoping for you to fall for someone else because she doesn't want to be in the relationship anymore but doesn't want to break it off just like that for some reason. I don't know enough about the circumstances (for example why closing the distance is still to be discussed after such a long time) to really guess what it is, but those are the two things I think are possible.
                        Yes, I do think it is reassurance. If it is a backwards way of her telling me to break it off, I won't. Because I know what will happen to her. Any depression she has now, courtesy of her OCD, will spike big time. Because her 'prophecy' will be fulfilled, if I break up with her.

Comment

make her feel special,seriously
                          and i'd not recommend to cheat

Comment

Originally posted by Irina_Linn View Post
                            make her feel special,seriously
                            and i'd not recommend to cheat
                            Agreed

Comment

If she has never been exited about open relationships in general, I would say she is acting against herself and doesn't want you to doit at all. It seems you are rather used to her saying things she doesn't mean. Why so long apart? Is it a visa issue?
                              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                              X