Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For... 303 days now.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

We've been LDR ever since we started out. It's been over a year now.
      "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
      a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
      which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
      - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
      regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
      The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
      - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

A long distance friendship for 5 months after I came back to my country, a long distance relationship for 3 and some days.

Comment

My current long distance relationship has been 9 months so far, before we lived together it was 6 months.

Before I was with him, I dated another guy 800+ miles apart for 3 years. I was 14-17, we lost our virginities together and we were engaged, I don't regret that relationship. He was my first love. We didn't last forever, but we were so young. Seeing eachother was really hard being minors, especially with cultural differences & his parents hated me, we only saw eachother 4 times. We just grew apart. I think the fact that we got together so young played a big part in that, we grew up, and weren't meant to be. We weren't the same when we were 17 as when we were younger.

But I think it's possible to make it work, no matter what. As long as you both want it to.

Comment

We have been together 2 years on the 25th of may, and have yet to meet, but 29 more days! We'll probably be in a LDR for a few more years, but we'll see what happens, may not be as long... hopefully not forever lol but its def worth it to get to be with him.
            I love you Nathan <3
            sigpic
            5/25/09 <3

Comment

Since the beginning, just over 6 years Hopefully ending that next year (or that's my hope anyway :P)
              Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
              First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

I have been dating my SO for almost a year and a half. We have been long distance for only 5months. He is still in college and I'm in grad. school. When he graduates at the end of the summer then he is moving away farther. Which is scary, but I know that we can make it work. You do need to have the confidence that it is going to work in the end. Every day waking up is going to be a struggle, but I've learned the hard way many times that communication is the key, and miss reading text messages is one way to get yourself into trouble! Talking on the phone, skype and other devices are important, but so is going to see each other. And being in grad school I know how much work is needed to finish a Masters or another degree. But you will have time to go see the other person, just make sure they come and see you. Don't let that come between you!

Only though its been 5 months for me it has seemed like a life time because we want to be together all the time. Just make sure you both are honest with each other about what you want for the future. Making a plan is good, but be able to flow with it, don't freak out if something is not in your plan, life changes and your plan might have to plan too, but get that reassurance that he is willing to be there in the end of it all! Good luck! Best wishes to you too in grad. school! you will love it!

Comment

EDIT: Oops, didn't realise I had already posted here... STUPID! Will leave this new post here anyway

4 years is not too long. I met my SO online over six years ago, and since we first met it's been 5 years (next month). So it's certainly not impossible. If he means that much to you, you will find the strength to get through it. Yes it hurts, yes it will be hard, but draw strength from each other and you will work through it.

My recommendations, if you can when you're talking, ask him about his plans and figure out when you'll next get to talk, it gives you a little something to look forward to and helps to plan out your days as well. If I have a free day, but I've found out he's not going to be around, I try to plan something so I don't spend my time moping around. If you don't already have or use skype, you should get it. Video calls are life savers. Lets you feel just that bit closer. Be open and honest with each other about the relationship, tell them how you're feeling, and how you're dealing with the distance. Doing little things for each other helps too, just to keep the spark alive. Hang in there, you'll work it out and get through it.
                  Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                  First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

My SO and I have been long distance since the beginning, when we were just 13. Unfortunately, we couldn't even join together for college. So, we've been LD for all 7+ years of our relationship. It is hard, especially when he'll be here in less than 2 years. We are starting to get rather antsy now

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

Comment

1 year and 7 months.

Comment

Just over a year and a half, so for as long as we've been together

Comment

We have been together for 1 year and 4 months, and about 9 months of that has been long distance. We've still got at least 2-3 more years before we can be together, and we plan to make it work! you can do this...it is definitely possible.

Comment

We've been long distance for a little over 2 months now. We'll be close distance for a few months this summer (after I graduate)
                            We will then be long distance again as I am moving to China for 2 years.

Comment

Almost 2 years we've been LD.
                              "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

We have been long distance for our whole relationship; a year and 7 months next week =)

Comment

Working...
                                X