No announcement yet.

How long have you been Long Distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we have been together for 3 1/2 years, i can't wait til we're together everyday

Comment

3 months to the day. 3 more to go till this summer, when I'm in his arms for a blessed solid amount of time, and then back to long distance pretty much till I graduate, with interspersed visits. It's the hardest thing I've ever done, but worth more than any effort I've ever made.
      "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

I don't mean to bump this thread but I didn't wanna start a brand new one since this one was already in existence xD.

We've been together for 4 years. The 1st year of dating was LD. The 2nd was CD, and the 3rd and 4th (we're on our fifth now) have been LD. Sadly, though we tried very hard to close the distance, we couldn't....so our 5th year will be LD as well :/. But when he finally graduates, our distance will officially close and we'll be getting married soon after .

So 4 years total out of 5 of LD, 3 of those 4 being consecutive. I can't wait till this is over.
        Last edited by Yaaamiii; September 5, 2013, 11:09 AM.

Comment

9 months and counting...

~

Comment

Our entire relationship had been LD, almost 4.5 years.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

We were LD (if you want to count the whole time i.e. the first time we dated,the time in between when we were just friends and the months we were LD when we got back together) 3 years. We've only been CD for 2 1/2 months. If you don't then 10 months LD and 2 1/2 CD.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
              Back Together: August 1,2012
              First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
              Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
              Engaged: January 17,2013
              Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
              Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
              We Got Married! - July 3,2014
              SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
              Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

6 years, 3 months, 5 days!

Comment

Four years and seven months.
                  I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Three years and six months!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                    Married April 18th, 2015!!
                    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Three years and 3months

Comment

1 year and 4 months for now
                        Applying for a visa in january, getting married in october: will (hopefully) make 2 years and 5 months until we're CD

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                        Married: 1/24/2015
                        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Wow, the last time I posted in this thread, I was only with Anthony for 6 months. =P Well, we're still going strong 3 years later. We've done long distance in about 9 month intervals for the 3 years and we are currently long distance. He has about a year and a half left of school, so once he graduates, we will most likely close the distance for good as long as we can both find jobs near one another. The good thing about both of our career paths is that they are both very in demand and flexible, so we could pretty much get a job anywhere, and he could work from home. =] I can't even believe how quickly it's gone! Even though the distance absolutely blows, and never gets easier, it is still worth it. We're almost there!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Very much loved best friends since 2005 until becoming a "couple" in 2012
                            lle mae'r galon yn arwain

sigpic

Comment

Such an old thread... Looking through some of the first pages (trying to find my own reply)
                              ... there's so many members who used to be here, but disappeared.

Anyway...
                              I'm still LD. Been LD for 3 and a half years. We're still holding on XD

Comment

I just read through and yeah, so many people who just aren't around anymore. Sad

We've been LD for the whole 10 months of our relationship, and a long-distance friendship for 4 years before that
                                So, here you are
                                too foreign for home
                                too foreign for here.
                                Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Working...
                                X