Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do You Sleep with Your SO?

I'm curious.

I feel like we all have our individual sleeping positions. My mother, for example, is a back sleeper. My sister sleeps primarily on her stomach. I toss and turn until I finally curl up on my side and go to sleep. But how does your primary sleeping position mesh with your SO's? Does it change at all when with your SO?

I'm still a side sleeper, but a lot of the time, my SO and I would end up sleeping or drifting off to sleep completely tangled up in one another. I often compared us to puppies, we got ourselves into such odd-but-close/comfy positions. That said, my side sleeping did occasionally present a problem, primarily because I sleep facing away from any presence, pet or person, and it was difficult for him to spoon me, comfortably, with the size of the bed we were in. Our sleeping positions were pretty much comprised of that (side + back <him> sleeping) and the "puppy pile."

What are yours?

EDIT: I just realised it said "pretty much compromised" when it was meant to say "comprised." Fail. ._.
    Last edited by Haley53; October 7, 2011, 11:42 AM.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Its funny because there for the most part I am a stomach sleeper and he is a back sleeper. So we are usually in those positions but my head is still on his chest. But there are other times that we are both side sleepers... except we are usually on out sides with our backs to each other which can suck sometimes, so we decided to switch sides of the bed. But either which way, we are always touching in some way or another. Either im on his chest, my leg is wrapped around his or he will back up into me/hold my hand.

yea... we are cool.
    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

We cant seem to fall asleep cuddling lol. He sleeps on his stomach, and i do too or on my side. But I guess in the mist of the night im drawn to him or somehow im in the middle and he's at the end. But usually were both facing away from each other lol him on one side me on the other. And then in the morning we scoot back together and lay in bed a bit longer. So start off cuddling, seperate then cuddle back together. Lol thought i'd share this pic.

showed it to him and he said thats me lol
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

Thats so funny... because that is my boyfriend!!! Great picture
        Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Us both on our sides with him behind me and his arms around me

Comment

yeah we havent been able to sleep if we are all tangled and that. However he is a blanket stealer so whenever he moves or rolls he takes the entire blanket with him lol

Comment

LOL at that cartoon kiara.

We haven't had a chance to sleep much together, but the couple times we have, we spooned to fall asleep. I'm a side sleeper, and he's a back sleeper (I think! As I said, it's only been a couple of times). I don't need to be held all the time, but I do like contact, so bare-leg-to-bare-leg worked best for us.

Sort of related but not really... I don't sleep much, so I got out of bed a couple of times to do other things. He's so tall (6'6"), I would bump into his feet hanging off the end of the bed everytime I walked by. But he can sleep through anything, thank goodness, hehe.

Comment

My SO and I are both side sleepers!! We tried a few sleeping positions until we found one that suited us good... we lay on our sides facing away from the wall (the way the bed is makes it so we're both on our left sides, and I'm behind him. We found this one best because it was good with him on the outside because when I slept on the outside I'd tend to feel like I was going to fall off (small single bed haha). But the way we like it is I'll fall asleep holding onto him, and usually I'll put my leg around his legs, though throughout the night we move a little bit, we pretty much stay good like this until morning and then I'd wake up and shift a little and cuddle into him some more until we both were up and then we'd turn towards each other again and stay in bed snuggling a bit longer!

Comment

We also haven't had much of a chance to sleep together, but when we did, he slept on his side with me spooning behind him.

Except the last night we were together...he was so miserable! He kept insisting he wasn't going to fall asleep, because he wanted to cherish every last moment with me...finally, I pulled his head to my chest and started stroking his hair...he kept mumbling that he still wasn't going to fall asleep, but he finally did.

He adamantly denies this now.

Comment

We've only slept together once… but we fit together really naturally. He is a back sleeper, and I tend to lay on my side and hug a pillow or a teddy bear - so when we slept together I half-laid on his chest, half hugged him around his neck, and we slept just like that.

Comment

Bahaha! That cartoon is me exactly. I always wake up to him clinging to dear life at the edge of the bed.. I think the problem is that I snuggle a little too close for comfort and he adjusts until he's completely run out of room.

I sleep on my side and he tends to sleep facing down. We're almost always touching somehow though and we always wake up cuddling

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

My SO has a king sized bed and I loveeee it! And I sleep on my side on the left side of the bed, but on my right side of my body. And he's usually spooned right up next to me. But eventually he ends up on his back and I curl into him.
                        .We've Closed the Distance.
                        no matter where i am, no matter where you are
                        i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
                        no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
                        all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post

showed it to him and he said thats me lol

That's us to a tee. I've pushed him out of a king sized bed before.
                          ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
                          The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

I am a cuddler hen he's not here...I cuddle with pillows and lay on my side. I also toss and turn but when my SO is here I usually fall asleep on his chest ...Also he told me I have a habit of later in the night taking ALL the blankets for myself. He's woken me up a few times bc of it :P
                            " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
                            Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

My SO and I like spooning, but we have to trade off who's the spoonee and not the spooner. ^^; We'll be lying in bed, and one of us will say, "You spoon me?" and from there, we have to trade off because we like being held like that so much.
                              Otherwise, we'll lie holding each other, usually with my head on her chest (or vice versa), or us both on our sides, facing each other, one of us tucked underneath the other's chin and our arms around each other. We're pretty cuddly. :3

Comment

Working...
                              X