How Do You Sleep with Your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tehe, I'm enjoying reading these.

It's odd. I think one of our most comfortable positions was where we were twisted around each other. Our legs were intertwined, I had one hip raised, he had one hip slightly underneath said raised hip. My head was turned to the side, and his head was on top of mine. One of his arms was pointing straight up, the other was curled around me. One of my arms was wrapped around his, and the other was flopped over his side. Yet we both got into that position and then slept like babies. o_____________O (until he drooled on me LOL)
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

When I hop in bed I usually lie on my side, then on the other side and this might continue for a bit until I roll onto my back and fall asleep. I move a lot during the night. I can't really keep still. My SO usually stays in one position... except when I wake her up with my moving or because I have to go to the bathroom. But we love spooning!

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
      Omg, my SO does that all the time! Like seriously... just stay on your own side, woman! >.>
      Last edited by NaNi; October 6, 2011, 11:17 PM.

Comment

My SO and I seem to mesh together really well, usually I sleep on my stomach/side but when I'm with him I curl on my side and he sleeps on his side too so he can pull me against his chest and we just pass out that way, which is weird usually I roll around but once his arms are around me I never move once.

Notes:
        Met: 8.17.09
        Started Dating: 8.20.09
        First Met: 10.2.10
        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

We start out cuddling but then it gets too hot so I kick off the blanket and move to my stomach. He is all over the place and steals the covers so when I wake up freezing I have to rip them from him. He has this thing where he tucks them in his legs then rolls so its impossible to get them back.

Comment

Both my SO and I are side sleepers and neither of us are really the big "toss and turners". So we fit very well.
            We often start out falling asleep while spooning, then during the night we of course shift sides and such, but most of the night, my SO tends to like to at least have an arm around me. Other times I like to snuggle into his chest.

Comment

We cant seem to fall asleep cuddling lol. He sleeps on his stomach, and i do too or on my side. But I guess in the mist of the night im drawn to him or somehow im in the middle and he's at the end. But usually were both facing away from each other lol him on one side me on the other. And then in the morning we scoot back together and lay in bed a bit longer. So start off cuddling, seperate then cuddle back together. Lol thought i'd share this pic.

showed it to him and he said thats me lol
              This is my SO. I generally sleep on my stomach but when I am with my SO I pretty much cling to him and fall asleep in less than a minute (so he says :P) However he is a bed hogger and we have decided that when we get a house together we are most likely going to have a king size bed

Comment

We sleep pretty close together. We've comfortably slept together in a single bed and on a lounge before.

We do have a problem with our "spare arms" - you know the one, the arm that you can't find a place for and often goes tingly. Usually the one closest to the bed when you're on your side.

Most of the time we fall asleep with him spooning me. He puts his spare arm under my pillow so we can hold hands on the other side.
                If not this, it's "position A" - Me on my back with an arm over my eyes, him cuddled up to me, laying partly on my shoulder with that arm cuddling him.

We both move a lot in our sleep, and talk, and all that annoying stuff lol. And I wake up every time he rolls over, so I take that opportunity to take back the covers or snuggle closer.

He's a heavy sleeper, but I can wake him and speak to him without actually waking him fully. So when one of us rolls away, or he steals the blanket or I have a nightmare I can shake him and say "I need..." and he'll do it, and wont remember the next day.
                Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

We cant seem to fall asleep cuddling lol. He sleeps on his stomach, and i do too or on my side. But I guess in the mist of the night im drawn to him or somehow im in the middle and he's at the end. But usually were both facing away from each other lol him on one side me on the other. And then in the morning we scoot back together and lay in bed a bit longer. So start off cuddling, seperate then cuddle back together. Lol thought i'd share this pic.

showed it to him and he said thats me lol
                  This sounds exactly like us!
                  We start off spooning but during the night we're usually facing away from each other. We both feel too hot I think. I blame him because he likes to sleep under all these duvets and I spend most of the night trying to kick it off me as it feels like a sauna. He blames me because "my skin is too warm" (I do always have warm hands and feet)

He has a very light sleep and often wakes up during the night. I'm usually a sound sleeper but when I'm too hot I wake up too. And sometimes we try to get back into spooning when we wake up. But it's most comfortable for us both to fall asleep when we're on our stomachs and facing away. But we always maintain contact. Sometimes our bums are joined together sometimes our feet.

I often feel like I'm chasing him around the bed. Like I'm trying to come closer to him in my sleep. Sometimes I push him to the edge so much he literally gets up and walks to the other side of the bed and lies there. If we filmed it and sped it up, it'd be like a slapstick comedy.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

My SO and I usually fall asleep cuddling together on the bed. He is on his back and I cuddle into his side with his arms around me. Then once we're both asleep, I usually move away onto my side of the bed and sleep on my stomach. He moves onto his side facing away from me. Then we both wake up and continue cuddling for just a little bit longer. I love sleeping with him.
                    "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                    Made it official: September 17, 2010
                    Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                    Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                    Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                    Got married: November 21, 2012
                    Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                    Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

My SO and I don't sleep cuddling haha. We cuddle up until one of us (usually me!) starts to fall asleep, then we both roll over onto opposite sides! I can only really sleep on my left side on the left side of the bed, and he sleeps on his right side, on the right side of the bed! We used to have to cuddle a lot when sleeping, as when we started dating, I had a tiny single bed, so there was no choice really! I honestly can't fall asleep on my right side unless I'm completely exhausted. Normally I'll lie on my right side watching a show or something when I'm on my own, and the second I roll over, I'm out like a light.
                      He and I still do cuddle a bit when it's the first night we're seeing each other again, or the last night we're spending together for a while. Like when he and I were in Montreal the night before his flight in July, we took turns being the big spoon. We kept waking up every hour or so, sleepily mumbling "your turn" and rolling over for the other person to be big spoon haha.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                      Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Usually if he wants to cuddle I'm on my left side and he gathers me up in his arms (I'm 5'1" and he is 6'9" so I'm completely bundled up into his chest). He tosses and turns but usually sleeps on his right side. When that happens we sleep back to back. But if we're just relaxing or watching a movie for a while before bed he's on his back and I'm curled up with my head on his shoulder and a hand on his chest. He says it makes him feel "sexy and important" haha.

When we're apart I usually sleep on my stomach with his shirt or the teddy bear he made me. Something that smells like him. And he goes to sleep and cuddles my stuffed Eeyore I had from when I was young. I sent it to him a few years ago along with a little bottle of the perfume I wore when he came to visit for the first time. So even when we're apart we're always cuddling.

Comment

We always cuddle before, but when we actually are ready to fall asleep, we retreat to our own sides of the bed. We both hate being touched when we're sleeping haha. I am a stomach sleeper and he tends to curl up in the fetal position, which can get irritating when i wake up to a pair of knees in my back! Luckily he's a good sport when I shove him back over to his side

Comment

I wish we could snuggle more when sleeping, but we're just not comfortable doing it! Plus he gets all sweaty when he sleeps. YUCK! We usually sleep without even touching each other. When we got our new bed (queen size) he says "man this bed is so big!" and I said "yeah it's great! I can sleep and not even have to touch you!"

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                              I wish we could snuggle more when sleeping, but we're just not comfortable doing it! Plus he gets all sweaty when he sleeps. YUCK! We usually sleep without even touching each other. When we got our new bed (queen size) he says "man this bed is so big!" and I said "yeah it's great! I can sleep and not even have to touch you!"
                              LOL.
                              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                              Met online: February 2009
                              Feelings confessed: December 2010
                              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                              to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                                My SO and I have shared a queen bed before. It's TOO SMALL for us. He's a pretty big guy, 6 foot 6 inches, and it's either that he likes to, or he just ends up spreading himself out in the his sleep. I'm much smaller, 5 foot 4.5 inches, but I like to thrash around in my sleep. As I said, that picture someone else posted is the definition of our night. We start out nice and cozy and then I end up pushing him out of bed and on to the floor. lol. I think if we when move in together we may have to buy a california king size bed, I've pushed him out of a king sized before too.
                                ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
                                The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X