No announcement yet.

How Do You Sleep with Your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really upset about our sleeping arrangements at first. My SO and I had day dreamed for months about being able to fall asleep cuddled up together but when the time came, neither of us could fall asleep cuddled up! We came to a compromise, deciding to cuddle right up until we were going to fall asleep. Then we both turn over and curl up on our sides on opposite sides of the bed.

Except that one time when my SO got far too drunk and fell asleep while holding me. Super cute.

Comment

i feel sorry for my SO as i always toss horribly (and he swears i snore ). so before we are falling asleep we spoon,and then i lie on my belly as usually,he sleeps on his back but we hold hands quite often.however,i can fall asleep only on my belly and with an elbow out,hand under pillow so must be hard times for him

Comment

oh god,its not relevant to the topic a bit but just remembered.one night i was dreaming of a really lovely raspberry cake with white cream.i enjoyed eating it so much,and when i woke up,i found out i actually was chewing my guy's shoulder all this time

Comment

We only tried once, and I think we're one of those couples that cant cuddle and sleep at the same time. But its hard to say at this point.

Comment

He likes to sleep facing the non-wall side of the bed and he gave me the wall-side because he wants me to feel secure.. so he has to turn around to fall asleep but I don't really mind, I just wrap my arm around him or rub his back or chest until he falls asleep. I am lucky because I can fall asleep lying on my side, my back, my stomach aswell as sitting :P
            So we usually find a position that is comfortable for him and then I cuddle up to him.
            One time he had to push me away a bit cause I have a weird breathing pattern (according to him) and my breath hit him too hard, but I was sleeping so I didn't even notice lol

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Stephen and I are also plagued with the not being able to cuddle and sleep together dilemma too a point. When he comes here, we're on my twin sized mattress, so we dont have many options. If we get too cuddled up and tangled in each other, we get hot and uncomfortable. But if we spoon lightly it's fine. I'm usually on the wall side of the bed because that's where I safest, and he likes to be able to get up and get water or per in the middle of the night.

Comment

I could never sleep cudled up, with anyone, so imagine my surprise when I cuddled up the first night to my SO and.... woke up still cudled up in the morning.

I can't always sleep like that but most of the time I fall asleep in my SO's arms in some way (Or on him because he's the best and softest pillow ever )
                “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
                ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
                Closed the distance >21.03.2015
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AEAS View Post
                  He twitches in his sleep though... A lot... One I woke up cause his arm spazzamed and smacked me on the head. xD
                  My SO does the exact same thing and he's hit me in the face a few times because of it. haha. I've learned now to just sort of pin his arms down when I notice him starting to twitch.

We both either sleep on our sides or our back. Usually we will fall asleep spooning or with my head on his chest and sometimes my leg over his. We don't stay this way the whole night though we always tend to drift apart but, if one of us happens to wakes up in the middle of the night we'll usually cuddle up again.

Met Online: 02/2012
                  Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
                  First Met in person: 09/22/2012
                  Started Dating: 10/30/2012
                  Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

He's a back sleeper, I'm a mostly fetal position sleeper so sometimes he'll cuddle up to me or if need be I'll sleep with my head on his chest!

Comment

I hate being cuddled when I'm actively trying to fall asleep, so we usually just lay next to eachother in our respective positions. I like snuggling up to him before I try to sleep, and apparently after I'm already asleep I'm very affectionate haha!

Comment

Working...
                      X