No announcement yet.

What will your wedding be like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not the typical girl, I would rather just go to a courthouse and get married just him and I instead of having a big wedding, but I know I can't do that without hurting peoples feelings so I want a small wedding, don't care where or whatever just as long as I don't have to stand in front of a lot of people xD
    Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

uuuuh.. wedding dresses

I just happened to "stumble" upon these recently while browsing.. (honey, in case you see this: don't choke! breeeeeathe... easy now.. I was just browsing )
      If I were to go as a bride in traditional white (some time in a distant future), I'd prefer one with "off the shoulder" sleeves or 3/4 sleeves.. and these three caught my eye.. especially the first one.. that's new. I never used to like lace that much, but... it looks so elegant!

so pwetty!

Not in the category I'd usually go for but really cute!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one.. but minus the long gloves and the tiara O.o - I really don't like those...
      In stead, add a thin veil and a few flowers

Comment

Yay, wedding dresses! I've been meaning to start a thread about this...

I recently went dress shopping, and I'm about 99% sure this will be the one:

Annnnd the back:

Apple red's one of my wedding colors!
        My heart belongs to a pilot!
        ~*~
        ~*~
        [/center]

Comment

Something SMALL and most likely nerdy because well... let's face it... we're both nerds. It's a long way off but he's completely cool with a tiny wedding and said we could go to the courthouse if that's what I wanted. I can officially say this is the first time I've ever actually thought about it... Now I'm googling nerd wedding cakes in the shape of castles and whatnot.

Comment

@ Trethsparr:
            That one is really pretty I like how it's not only white, the red is really pretty I like it a lot.
            I'm already looking around for dresses as well, nothing serious, of course, but it's fun to pretend

@NikkiP:
            That's really cute

Comment

I'm not trying to scare anyone away from this thread, but there's a really nice (long) dress thread down in ramble on I believe.

For the nerd wedding thing: Has anyone read ethan and layla's vows from ctrl + alt +del ?
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I had to bump this thread, because it's so cute and I haven't written anything yet (and neither have a lot of new members - so bring it on!)

I want a winter wedding in January, so there will probably/hopefully be snow and lots of it!

The church we're looking into is a wooden church, original from the 17th century.
                It's absolutely beautiful, see:

And the party will probably be here:
                https://www.chotynia.pl

We haven't decided on other details (like how to get the people from the church to the party) yet. Right now we just hope that both places will still exist by the time we want to get married

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Nice bump Dziubka! And also what a lovely church. I had a fun time trying to navigate that Polish website

A wedding between the two of us is way far off, but a gal can daydream right?

I think the only way we would be able to have all our friends/family would be to have 2 receptions. I'd also like to get married in both locations. That way I can apply for residency here, and maybe he can try for a dual American citizenship. But we'll worry about that when that ship sails.

I don't want a church wedding. I want to have an awesome reception. I'd rather spend all the money on the food, drinks and music. The best wedding I've ever been to had an awesome band, superb food and an open bar! I gotta imitate

I'd like latin music, because that is how he originally swept me off my feet! Plus every time I hear bachata I think of him. Definitely some rice and beans (YUM!) A giant cake, I'll make it. And I'd love a bouquet of sunflowers. So pretty

Comment

That church is simply awesome!
                    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Ive had so many differemt thoughts about this. From a winter wedding, everything set in white, like a winter wonderland. Then I wanted in a pretty maybe hotel? With white and red roses and i imagined it so pretty. But i like the idea of a outside night wedding now, with lanterns hanging lighting it up. So ahh i really don't know, i've had a bunch of different thoughts, more then just these 3, but the main thing is i just want it with my Nathan lol
                      I love you Nathan <3
                      sigpic
                      5/25/09 <3

Comment

Thank you, Zephii and lucybelle.
                        The church is so amazing, I don't even have words for it. I guess you can see it in the photos, but the pillars and all the other stuff is actually painted on the wood. We went there in March this year and there were these beams of light falling through the windows, it was almost surreal. We looked at another church then, too (a smaller, simpler one), but we fell in love with this one immediately. (If you're really bored, there's more photos of it on this https://tripsoverpoland.eu/ side, under "places we have visited" search for Marianskie Porzecze)
                        I wouldn't have a religious ceremony myself, but it's important to my boyfriend, so I'm in for it.

We'll have my family and other guests from Germany come in a few days prior to the wedding, so we can show them around the city and give them a crash course on Polish wedding traditions and different methods of how to avoid drinking too much vodka and stuff.

Our invitations are going to be in the style of train tickets. It fits with the long distance thing (though I guess we fly more often than go by train) and my boyfriend's studying railway logistics, so it goes with that as well.
                        They'll also include a miniature German-Polish language guide, with the most useful phrases ("No thanks, I really don't think I should have another drink")

Haha... I guess we've already talked about it in more detail than I had thought.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Thank you, Zephii and lucybelle.
                        The church is so amazing, I don't even have words for it. I guess you can see it in the photos, but the pillars and all the other stuff is actually painted on the wood. We went there in March this year and there were these beams of light falling through the windows, it was almost surreal. We looked at another church then, too (a smaller, simpler one), but we fell in love with this one immediately. (If you're really bored, there's more photos of it on this https://tripsoverpoland.eu/ side, under "places we have visited" search for Marianskie Porzecze)
                        I wouldn't have a religious ceremony myself, but it's important to my boyfriend, so I'm in for it.

We'll have my family and other guests from Germany come in a few days prior to the wedding, so we can show them around the city and give them a crash course on Polish wedding traditions and different methods of how to avoid drinking too much vodka and stuff.

Our invitations are going to be in the style of train tickets. It fits with the long distance thing (though I guess we fly more often than go by train) and my boyfriend's studying railway logistics, so it goes with that as well.
                        They'll also include a miniature German-Polish language guide, with the most useful phrases ("No thanks, I really don't think I should have another drink")

Haha... I guess we've already talked about it in more detail than I had thought.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

We are going to have a summer wedding end of next year

It is going to be on a beach where I spent my childhood so its very special area for me. I also took Nick there when he came over and he loved it

I would love to get some pictures at this place https://www.goldenbaynz.co.nz/s_pupu_springs.html

Comment

We've already given some thought to this and we both definitely want to get married in his country, Nicaragua. I went to a few weddings while living there and they were so much fun. All pretty low-key, with a big celebration afterwards. It's super impt. for him to have his whole family including his 400 closest cousins there meanwhile for me, I'd just like my immediate family to be present. We're both Catholic, but actually don't want a church wedding. We'd like to do the civil ceremony and have a priest present to do a blessing. December is the main time for weddings there (after the rainy season has passed) and it's when both of our birthdays fall. I also love palm trees and they're everywhere there so I totally picture getting married outside right under a palm tree. I want my dress to be hot and short with red peep-toe heels.

Comment

We've changed the theme and location of our wedding I'm going to a wedding fair at the end of the month to the place I want to book- it's a location more convenient for all of my guests, and in my favorite city in the world- York

Vintage Travel/ Pixar's Up! is our theme lol Old suitcases (and a suitcase wedding cake), luggage tags, boarding pass save the dates, our LD story invites, old maps globes etc and as UP! is our favourite movie, we are having Ellie Badge boutonnieres, "My Adventure book" guestbook and a couple of other little up details- Hot air balloon centerpieces etc. The theme TOTALLY fits us and what we've been through to get to each other

It's still going to be in summer 2013, 40-50 people at the actual ceremony, probably 100+ at the reception. The ceremony will be secular, done by a Humanist celebrant or Registrar, with readings from Edward Monkton and Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy My dress is lace and vintage looking, I'm getting my hair done 1920's style... aaaah we have so many little details and haven't actually booked the place yet haha! My SO has ordered David Tennant's suit from Dr Who (in black) from a taylor in New Zealand, I can't wait to see him in it!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                              <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                              The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                              <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                              <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                              Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                              Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

@ nicole and Dziubka I LOVE those ideas!!! I really like the Polish-German phrase book! And the adventure book sounds awesome too.

Comment

Working...
                                X