Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elina View Post
    Teheh, oops *blushes* Thanks for clearing that out for me

Well anyway.. I meant I'd like it.. not as yellow as yellow gold is.. don't know what that type of gold is called, I'm no expert
    There's;
    Rose Gold, which is a pinky gold and quite rare, and it's the most expensive type of gold.
    Yellow Gold is just 'normal' gold...you're average gold that you see most of the time.
    White Gold looks like silver, but it's obviously more expensive, and it's just gold, that's white... :P

I dunno how else to explain them lol
    I'm living off £10 a week for 9 months to raise money for 4 charities (Tommy's, Home-Start, Lupus UK and Hughes Syndrome Foundation)
    please visit my blog and sponsor me! https://10poundpom.blogspot.com/
    It's really easy to donate, you just go to the blog link, click on the Just Giving links at the top right hand side, and then click donate! It literally takes 30 seconds to fill in the details in order to donate and it will make such a difference to these amazing charities! Every donation is greatly appreciated, no matter how small!

'The reason it hurts so much to separate....is because our souls are connected'

Comment

Originally posted by 8983MilesofLove View Post
      There's;
      Rose Gold, which is a pinky gold and quite rare, and it's the most expensive type of gold.
      Yellow Gold is just 'normal' gold...you're average gold that you see most of the time.
      White Gold looks like silver, but it's obviously more expensive, and it's just gold, that's white... :P

I dunno how else to explain them lol
      x) thank you for this I thought there were other er.. shades of purity though, like Zephii said Ah well.. x)

Comment

I just recently had two friends get engaged around the same time - and I'm in the wedding for both of them. Soo, wedding talk has been all the craze lately, which occassionally sparks up some conversations with my SO. Neither of us wants to get married, we've both been engaged before and it failed. It might be something I would change my mind about down a few years down the road...

But he was cute, he said he wouldn't get me a diamond. He'd get me a red daimond or a ruby... My favorite color is red, and my nickname is Red because I have red hair.

I'd like something similar to this, but not quite so 'much'.

Comment

Well.. this is my beautiful ring

[IMG][/IMG]

its a yellow gold band with one big diamond in the middle and 3 little ones on each side of the big one..

i like shiny stuff.. :P

Comment

XD

ahhh shinies <3 lol I reallly love this one but beejesus they want way to much for it! lol (2995.00!) but its still pretty to look at (its actually a set the engagement band and wedding ring)

"taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
            Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

ok its cause its palladium the rose gold ones and norm gold only like 1947.00 (still waaaay to much XD)
              "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
              Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

I love the claddagh engraved on the engagement band! Very cool

I dont wear gold, I've only ever worn silver. On my birthday last year my SO gave me a beautiful white gold necklace with an aquamarine stone (my birthstone) this was the first time we'd met and I asked him how he knew I only wore silver. He said "Because you only wear silver in your pictures. But its not silver....its whitegold"

So at first when he gave me my engagement ring and it was gold I was surprised. (Not that I didnt like it, I adored it - I just thought it was weird as he knew I wear silver) He explained that he decided the diamond was more important than the band. The diamond is a champagne diamond. They're a bit rarer than regular diamonds and appear different colours depending on the light. The jewler told him that this kind of diamond works better on a gold band than white gold because it shows off the colours better, and helps it appear in more shades.

So the fact that he'd put so much thought into it really made me smile! Plus the cut, the setting and even the size were all exactly perfect.

Plus now I think about it, I'm beginning to realise that white gold has become so much more popular and gold is more unique amount people my age - and I love uniqueness!

Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

yup its definitely more unique agreed

i was lucky tho.. my bf's dad knows a diamond trader so i got a really good diamond.. for an acceptable price

Comment

If you like Platinum... try Palladium... its a cousin to platinum but its cheaper and isn't as heavy or scratch as easily, but will stay white forever just like platinum.

Originally posted by squiddie View Post
                    I want platinum because it's high quality. Silver warps too easily, white gold needs to be professionally cleaned every year or so. I want something easy to take care of and will keep its integrity in shape.

I want a single diamond, round cut, small (less than 0.5 carat) and set low because I have to wear gloves all the time. Nothing fancy.

And I want the diamond to be certified as being ethically acquired. Preferably Canadian. Or lab-created. In addition to all the sketchiness surrounding African diamonds, according to a few mining engineer friends, several diamond producers create scarcity by dumping tons of diamonds into the sea.

Comment

So, eversince my granny passed away i have been wearing her wedding ring, just so i could have something of hers always with me. she left me, with all her jewels, also her engagement ring, and i know that usually family rings should be passed on to the sons or grandsons, but, since my brother can't care less about it basically, i would really love it if my boyfriend, whenever the time will be right (i'm confident that he will be my husband one day) used the diamond from that ring (that anyway i used to admire so much when my granny was wearing it) to make my engagement ring. i'd just want to keep the diamond, and have a new band made, probably in gold, or pink gold or however it's called in english.

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

I saw the most gorgeous ring the other day, I feel completely in love with it... its such a shame its $3000 and all our money goes into visits. We've talked about getting married many of times, talked about what we'd like our weddings (we want 2 very small ones in each of our countries) to be like. It has a Paraiba Tourmaline with a row of tiny diamonds on each side of the stone. The colour is like THIS oh soooo pretty.
                        Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

Sorry it's late but I want to share my engagement ring I just got recently. My fiance proposed to me when he was here in March. It was a big surprise for me because I didn't expect it... hehe
                          He proposed on our 31 months anniversary. It's white gold with real diamond <3

Comment

i love gold jewellery and only ever wear gold but i love white gold engagment and wedding rings. and i prefer men to wear silver or white gold rings. So i really cant decide =P hehe.. but i love princess cut diamonds, think their gorgeous xx

Comment

LotusWing, your ring looks goooooorgeous, kinda like the type I'd like mine to be Simple but beauiful

Comment

This would be my absolute dream engagement ring. <3

Closely followed by these:

I'd be happy with a simple princess cut diamond though, in all honesty. I'd rather him not spend an exorbitant amount! but a girl can dream.

Comment

Working...
                                X