Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first time you met your SO...describe it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew i wrote down our first face to face meeting on here somewhere.... and i did ! so i found it and did the cheat thing a copy and pasted it with some edits

We met online in the summer of 2008, started our relationship properly in October 2010, met in person September 20th 2011.

My flight into Edmonton was delayed by 2 hours so i spent 5 hours in Gatwick airport slowly going outta my mind as i hadn't flown before. Luckily as i had my cell i text my SO to tell him i'd been delayed so he didnt have to wait ages for me at the airport, well thats what we thought anyway.....
    After landing,i was questioned by immigration and told i had to answer further questions, i went into PANIC mode! I honestly thought i was going to be put straight back on the plane without to much as being in the same room as my darling. They had concerns over my finacial situation as i was currently unemployed and i dont think it helped i told them i met my SO via facebook. I had to wait in a line-up for 45 minutes till i was called over. I answered all the extra questions and they asked for my So's number so they could call him to confirm the answers i'd given and ask if anything should happen to me would he cover the cost (i had travel insurance but forgot to print out the document and they couldnt except the email on my phone) I was close to tears while they were on the phone, then she said he had pretty much confirmed everything i'd said. She said he was waiting for me and he sounded alot calmer than i looked lol.... then she stamped my passport wished me good luck and i was free to go!! I was shaking so bad as i arrived at the double doors that lead into the arrivals area, my stomach was like the inside of a washing machine. I paused,straightened my Leafs Jersey, took a deep breath and walked through and there he was, my handsome man wearing his blue Leafs jersey (we decided we'd wear them so we could find each other... but by the time i came out there were only 2 other people waiting in arrivals)
    I felt a huge smile spread across my face, he was smiling as he walked the few steps to me and we hugged, all the nerves i had disappeared in that single moment. I knew that i'd made the right choice, that i loved this man and it wasn't some crazy internet infatuation or some make believe relationship. I met his mother too as she had driven him to the airport, she gave me a hug too and we headed out towards the car. We talked about the flight, what had caused the hold up in the airport ect.. My SO and I just kept staring at eachother with huge grins on our faces, and poking each other in the arm, unable to believe that the person we'd fallen in love with just over 3 years ago was there in front of us. He picked a purple flower from a plant we passed and i'm 99.9% sure i blushed as i put it in the lace holes of my jersey, he said i didnt have to keep it but i there was no way i was throwing it away.
    In the car, we held hands still smiling on a huge scale and staring so contently at each other. He couldnt believe how skinny my fingers are, he kissed the back of my hand and i melted, hugging his arm as hard as i could. We stopped at a Dennys for something to eat (i have never seen such a huge salad in all my life) we made small talk as we ate, took a break to apply some chapstick as my lips were pretty dry. My SO asked me the flavour, i said cherry and i couldnt take my eyes off his lips (always loved his lips ) and we shared our first kiss a few minutes later. It was amazing, i didnt care that i was in the middle of a resturant and neither did he. He did say that my chapstick was definitely cherry flavoured though lol.

Awww made me smile reading that again! Hopefully the children and I dont have the same problem with customs next month.
    As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I first met my SO in person when he came to the university in my hometown to study as a international student for a semester.
      As fate would have it, he ended up renting a room in my grandma's house, since she hosts international students every semester.
      Since my grandma and I live in the same town, I go to her house all the time. Of course, I'd met all of her previous international students before, but this one was so different

I first saw him when I was sitting in my grandma's living room doing homework. I heard someone walk into the room and when I looked up, I thought, "Damn, that's a gorgeous man!"
      We introduced ourselves and talked for a bit, (did I mention that his accent was to die for?) and he went on his way.
      Well, over the next few months we became friends, until we realized that just being friends wasn't good enough for either of us!

The rest, as they say, is history, and as every day goes by, I fall more and more in love with him! <3

Comment

I have two first times, the one where we first met and the one where we met for the first time in 8 years.

First time we met was in April 2002. I was over in the USA, Alabama to be exact and I was visiting a friend I had met online. My best friend, B was with me and due to the fact that I had just fallen ill with M.E, and was just starting to use a wheelchair, we had a lot of rest days. So, on those days we'd go to Blockbusters and rent videos to watch. I remember being pushed into the store and there he was. He was wearing his uniform of beige khaki trousers and a lighter beige top. He had a goatee/beard and he smiled when he saw me. He asked me what we were looking for and I suddenly realised that I wasn't on my own, the world hadn't just stopped when he smiled. I said we were after some videos and he asked if I was British because he'd picked up on the accent. I said we were just visiting and he said something about loving all things British. So, I smiled and laughed and then he showed me some films that he thought I might like. We chose some and went on our way. I remember B and my friend, Traci teasing me because it was obvious I was "twitterpated" with him. I hadn't even asked him his name. We kept going back for more films and bumping into him and I found out he was called Scott and then before we were meant to leave, I asked for a photo of us together. He came down to my side coz I was in my wheelchair and put his arm around me. As it turned out I wasn't going to fly home and all I could think before I knew this was "I should have gotten his number!". I stopped breathing as the plane taxiied down the runway and was rushed to hospital and so never did fly home that day. We went back to the store and he wondered why we were still there, we explained and got talking some more. In the end, the day we did leave, he came into the store specially to say goodbye and we got another photo and then he came out to eat with us, which is where we learnt that we shared a birthday. We swapped emails and we did keep in touch, but then we lost touch.

So the second first time was in September 2010. He'd found me through my book on amazon and then joined twitter to ask me for an email, I ignored him not realising who he was and then he found it anyway and got in touch. I was at the airport waiting for him to come through the gate and suddenly he appeared, beard this time and wearing a red hoodie and jeans. He walked straight past me because he'd missed baggage claim! Eventually when he got his bags, he leaned down and gave me a massive hug and kiss on the cheek. I was now in a wheelchair semi-permanently and he just grabbed the handles and said "point me to your car".

And the rest, as they say, is history
        Joey & Scott
        Met: April 2002
        Lost Contact: August 2002
        Reconnected: April 2010
        Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

it was quiet cute......we decided to go out, but since he was nervous he took his best friend with him, and me as "eassy going" i kept talking to him but he would look away(and ya we met in real life first) so than at end of day i got my first kiss from him

Comment

The first time we met July 10th 2012, I actually walked right past her and her Father in the Airport :O didn't see them.
            When I finally saw them I went up to her dad and introduced myself, shook his hand and all that,like a gentleman. Holy crap I looked at Christina and hugged her so tight it took the air out of her :') I still remember what clothes they were wearing on that day, her dad had a Red T-shirt on and jeans, smart shoes. My SO had a black long sleeve t-shirt on with gray jogging bottoms and shoes. It was an amazing day <3 it's so special when you meet your SO for the first time

Comment

In September last year my sister and I went travelling together for 3 months around the USA. We went to Hawai'i in week 3 and loved it so much and met so many awesome people that we binned off a couple of weeks towards the end of the trip and went back for another 2 weeks at the end of November! It was this second time around that I met my SO. We were staying in the same hostel in rooms next door to each other.

He was on his own... he works in Alaska and gets 2 week stints off so had come down to Hawai'i for a holiday. He wasn't supposed to have been there either, he was supposed to be on a cruise around South America but he cancelled that last minute so part of me really does believe we were meant to meet. He was pretty quiet in our loud group of hostel goers... Basically, we got drunk and lay on the beach for a week and he & I kinda became glued at the hip! We spent almost 24 hours a day together until we went to sleep in our separate rooms and then we would reunite for breakfast and do it all over again. I would look up and catch him looking at me over his book on the beach etc... NOTHING happened on this trip though... I had been seeing someone over the summer in the UK and wasn't sure what was going on there and I also never thought I would see him again! However, after we left Hawai'i we started facebook messaging, then he downloaded whatsapp and then Skype and we continued to talk all day every day!

I got back to the UK and ended whatever was going on with the guy I'd been seeing over the summer & I booked a ticket to Alaska for Feb 13th.

We officially became a couple on Jan 30th having never actually kissed but knowing exactly how we felt. When I flew into Anchorage he took me by surprise... I thought I would have a chance to freshen up before seeing him but he was there with a rose (it was Valentines day) literally as I stepped off the plane and I had not a scrap of makeup on but he told me I was beautiful anyway (after 24 hours of flying :-/ )...
              Since that incredible trip I have been to Louisiana to meet all his family and yesterday morning he left London after coming to visit mine! In October we are going to New Zealand for a year and we will see what happens from there!

Writing all of this makes me realise how incredibly lucky I am! He is the most amazing man any girl could hope for & I found him by chance on a tropical island
              Last edited by twinkle22; June 6, 2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

The first time I met my SO, I remember looking past him, not even acknowledging him. He was merely just a person in the mall. But when he asked me out, I was freaked out, creeped out, and honestly just shocked in general. But he was kinda cute.

First met: June 2012
                Became Committed: June 04, 2012
                Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
                Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

We were first introduced in October of 2010 on eharmony. I was entering the final stages of a project that had me spend 6 months in the field on a rig in New Mexico. She was in her fourth year of vet school at OSU. Exchanging emails with her was one of the real treats of the project. I remember the last couple days, we were running tubing and I was pulling the night shift sleeping in my pickup. I was always finding ways to sneak back down to my trailer where I had Internet access to read what she sent me.

When I finally got back to Oklahoma after thanksgiving we kept talking. She was really busy with clinics and studying for navle. One Friday night she said she needed a break so I jumped in the truck and drove to Stillwater. I remember knocking on her door and when she answered I couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked. We went out for tacos and margaritas and talked about our lives. After dinner we went back to her apartment. We were standing in her kitchen when we kissed. It was amazing. She even joked how hard it was to kiss me, I'm a foot taller than she.

Two and a half years later and here we are

Comment

We met on Instagram as she commented on my pictures. I was in a mother relationship at the time and she slowly became one of my closest friends. As the relationship I was in came to a screeching halt. She was right there to make me feel better and tell me she loved me and would always be there for me.

I realized then that the girl I was looking for was right there in front of me.

We talked for the next month and slowly began to fall in love. I then proceeded to go out to where she lived and we arranged to meet in the mall of the town I was staying in. She actually had to drive for 3 hours for our first meeting. It was amazing that she would do that. I had to get to get a ride to the mall and got there and hour and a half before her. She texted me checkpoints on her way. I was talking to a store clerk when she told me she had arrived. I told her where to meet me and went and sat within view of the area so I could see her coming. She actually walked up behind me and I turned around enough just to catch her out of the corner of my eye. At that moment I was at a loss for words cause I and no idea what to say. The best thing I could come up with was. Hi. Lol her shy and cute smile was showing and we walked around together for a few. Then I sat her down and asked her to be my girlfriend she of course said yes. For the rest of the day we walked around the mall. Went to my little sisters Bday party and she helped me pick out her present.

We went from there to the river in town and sat on the river and watched birds listened to the water and took pictures and just were being cute. Right before going to dinner. I asked her why she was still playing so hard to get. She had been making it hard to if d a time to kiss her. Luckily she finally let me. We went from there to dinner. And then she took me back to the mall and dropped me off. She had to go back home. I am now back at my home. The LDR is hard cause we only spent one day together.

The plan is to later this summer go and spend a week or so with her. Take more pictures and make more memories before we start college. It has been heaven so far. I only hope we hold this together

Comment

It was incredibly amazing ! A little bit nervouse and funny !

Comment

I was taking a greyhound out to see him and i got off the bus we had talked 30 minutes earlier and he was on his way to pick me up he wanted to be there when i got off the bus but got turned around and got off on the wrong exit so here i was standing outside the bus station thinkin maybe he stood me up when he calls me and says he will be there shortly. I remember when he pulled up i watched him look in the mirror i guess to make sure he looked alright and then got out as soon as i saw him i knew i was right where i was supposed to be with the right person. He walked over to me and you know we talked a many of times about just kissing when we met yet we hadn't broke that barrier yet and with me i just cant jump into that when we had never touched yet trust me we kissed while i was out there just not the first day. I hated he was wearing a bit of baggy pants so when he turned around to walk back to his car so he could put my suitcase in it i couldnt check out his butt very well grrr but he did have very inviting eyes and a beautiful smile that i melted with. Funny cause even though i didnt feel nervous i spent the next hour falling and tripping in front of him lol. I think it was cause i was staring at him too much ive always been a clutz around guys i really like im a dork what can i say. Walgreens im sure hated seein me i knocked half there shampoos over and dropped half there deodorants just to pick up a few things on the way back to his house. so even though it may not a glorious story for most it was a perfect day i wouldnt change.

Comment

we haven't met yet so i cant really tell but all those stories were incredibly cute. I liked the verojoon one =P

Comment

We had been talking online and then moved to text for a few weeks prior to meeting in person. I had only seen a handful of photos of him. When I saw him at the restaurant we were meeting at, he was kinda not what I expected from the pics. It was the same guy, but everyone looks different in person. I also thought he sounded like my bosses son which was actually a real turn off and was ready to make an excuse to leave. However I hung out with him again and another time after that and he just started to sound like himself and now I fancy him quite a bit lol

Comment

Gah! I love reading all these stories. I'm so emotional today and I've gotten teary eyed reading some of them!

I've written it here before so I'll copy and paste then add a little...

We flew into the Orlando airport about 45 mins apart. I got there first and went to his gate to wait for him. He texted me as soon as they landed telling me they had arrived (like I didn't already know...I was STALKING his gate..) We kept texting back and forth, mainly poking fun at how he kept talking about his "sweaty hands" cause he was so nervous. He was the last person to get off the plane, which I am pretty sure he did on purpose. I was so nervous the whole time, nearly physically sick but when I saw him, I just ran. I jumped on that man and wrapped my arms around him so damn tight. From the second I put my hands on him, all the nervousness went away. I was so happy, and content, and exactly where I was supposed to be. We spent 5 incredible days in Orlando, and two hours crying at the airport during our "see you later". I boarded my plane first, and he called me as soon as I sat down. He said "Coming here to meet you was the scariest thing I've ever decided to do in my life...until I just had to watch you leave. Please promise we'll be back together soon." I bawled like a freakin' baby on the plane. I even had one girl come rub my back and try to comfort me lol It was ridiculous... But I adore him and love him to pieces. It'll break my heart leaving, every time
                              "I ran to him. I dropped my luggage and ran to him. My heart melted in my chest as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel him. I could kiss him. I could smell him. He was real. He was here. He is mine."

He could be a million miles away...and still be worth every single mile <3

We met in 2012
                              We became a couple in April 2014
                              Our lips first met August 8, 2014
                              Our beautiful 2nd visit was November 2014
                              Hoping to visit again for a New Years kiss
                              We'll spend my birthday and Valentines day in each other's arms <3 - Feb 2015
                              Our "spring break" in March 2015
                              Summer fun - June 2015
                              DISNEY WORLD!!! Sept 2015

LOVE > DISTANCE
                              QUALITY > CONVENIENCE

Comment

I went to the airport alone - It's good that I could take public transport there, because while I looked all stoic on the outside, I was a nervous wreck on the inside. I lost track of time, but I waited at least 50 minutes there, possibly more, because the flight was a bit late and of course, as coincidence would have it, my SO was one of the last people to get his stuff at the baggage pickup. I kept nervously eyeing every single person who came out to the arrival area, I hope nobody thought I looked like an obsessed idiot. When I finally saw him, I got so nervous and socially anxious that I couldn't hold eye contact with him for longer than half a second. I just hugged him as tightly as I could and buried my face in his chest until I realized that we kinda stood in the way of the arrival area. For the next few hours, I kept trying to look at him just to dart my eyes away half a second later, like an awkward little school girl, it was quite silly. At least after a while, I managed to ease up and finally embrace him being there as well as my feelings. It was a wonderful time!

~
                                It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                                A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                                The hands of the many must join as one
                                And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Working...
                                X