Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first time you met your SO...describe it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first time I heard of him, was the aqaintance in my travel group (me, her and some other woman had been organizing it. She comes there all the time) said: "We are going to meet a young guy with long, dark hair. He is the nicest guy. Remember to tip him well, because the waiters don't earn that much in Turkey". I had no idea what the drill was with the beach restaurants, I had never travelled much and certainly never been served anything in a sunbed. I saw him from a mile away, he had a very special way of walking and walked very fast directly towards us and he was looking at me very attentively. OK, so he was good looking. OK, so he thought I looked good even with my second hand clothes and my hair braided. That didn't mean I had to talk to him much! He took my order and brought my orange juice in like two seconds. I was surprised at how good it was! (I had not yet tried the juice in the hotel). I started to relax... But I was like: he is coming on too strong. Juuust like that other guy did and remember what happend back then. Don't get yourself intro trouble! I though I was very nice and firm. He asked me out like right away, I turned him down...That happended a few times. But he was not shaken AT ALL by that. He was just laughing, enjoying himself. He started to tease me in a weird way, saying, well eventually you will date me! He knew my name, because he asked the people I was travelling with. They told him I was married, he was like, I will throw her wedding ring into the sea! The confidence of that guy... But he was getting all my friends laughing, enjoying themselves an teasing me. And he was so calm, not fazed by anything. I was really impressed by that, and that was so unlike lots of guys I had met, and girls too. My aquaintance started to talk about him being single for a long time, not having any kids, helping his mum back at the Syrian border because his dad had died and he sort of acted like the eldest son although he was not, how he had quit one school but now he was trying to take another part time - basically she was giving me like his life story in 5 mintues. I think she felt very motherly towards him, because she had a son his age that died. Anyway...

I started to feel like I could let go a little bit in his presence, because I didn't have to worry about hurting his feeelings, I felt this was a guy who didn't play tough, but he knows how to take care of himself. I was becoming more impressed with him by the minute. And I liked the way he looked at me when I took of my clothes and changed into a nice bikini (I have only nice ones. I have big breats so they have to fit me perfectly unless they will fall off). I can still remember the feeling of the sun warming me, the feeling of freedom to have left Norwegian fall behind, the ice cold juice, the light breeze, the sun bed beneath me and him circling around me to have a better look. I was reading a hardback book about an historical woman who they believed had murdered her father, because she predicted his death through a medium session. It was halfway fiction, halfway crime/mystery. I don't think I have read anything quite like it. I was writing in my journal that was red with gothic prints on in in silver, and I remember him looking at my journal, asking me what I was writing. I couldn't remember if a guy who thought I was sexy had ever cared what I WROTE, so that intrigued me a little bit. My fellow travellers were making fun of me bringing a hardback to the beach... Everything I brought on that trip was too big and too much, reflecting the fact that I had travelled very little the last years and forgotten how to pack.

It took him three days to convince me to go on a date with him, three days of him asking me in front of my friends, nagging and I was like JESUS! This man doesn't give up. I guess he made me feel special. My aquaintance told me she had never seen him chase a girl like that. I remember I was broke and this woman I travelled with was like, concerned that I should cheat on my husband, but she still lent me the money so that I could go have a glass of wine with him. He touched my hair and kissed me and made me feel all wonderful. After having been given an all clear by my husband I shared my bed with this guy the next night. It was the most amazing thunder storm you can imagine (this was at the verge of rain season), very symbolic of course! It all happened so fast that I didn't even learn his name, I just kept with me a note of his name so I could find him on Facebook and Skype! We only had that one night, plus a couple of hours of the next night before I headed to take the night flight home. He gave me a sea shell as a present. One week later I bought him a neckless and sent it to his work. 2 months later his season was over, he had become friends with my husband over Skype and I was his very proud and nervous girlfriend, flying all alone to Turkey. When I saw him, I remember thinking he was so short! But then he kissed me and everything started to feel the same, exept from there onwards it was like a crash course in "real Turkey", it was tiresome and exiting! I felt very curious about everything, like a child.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

These stories are great!!

Our first meeting was a long time coming. We had dated previously and the 2 times he was supposed to show up, he didn't make it. Needless to say, when we got back together I had decided I would be the one to go to him. There was no way this wasn't going to happen this time. I told him, my ex lives on the other side of Indy, so if you don't show up, I'll have a place to go - he swore he'd be at the airport LOL.

My flight was booked for Valentine's Day of this year. It's always risky flying in winter and this was no exception. There was a massive snowstorm the 13th into the 14th. I received a text from the airline on the 13th telling me I should call and re-book my flight for a later one. I called and was told they had no available seats. I hoped for the best with my flight. Heaven was smiling on me because everything cleared and my flight went out on time. I ended up with an hour delay on my connecting flight. By the time I got on the plane, I was so irritated since we'd been waiting forever for this day and an hour lost is an hour lost.

When I finally landed, I went to the restroom to freshen up. I texted him to let him know I was there and he replied he was waiting. I knew the airport, and when I got to where you enter the main area - he was nowhere to be seen and it was late so there really wasn't anyone there. I almost lost it. Then I looked to my left and here is walking towards me with this big 'ole grin. My first thought "he's shorter than he said" LOL (He told me he's 5'10", I'm 5'5". He's more like 5'8" but since I thought he was taller, I'd worn boots with heels and let's just say, I was a bit taller than him.) He grabbed me up and kissed me so intensely - 2 1/2 years of pent up anticipation waiting for this. I then had to take a pic of us and send it to about 15 people so they knew I had made it okay and to show it was him. On the way out the airport, the teasing, bickering, harassing and laughter started.........it felt like we had been together forever and not just met in person for the first time.

**Addition** I read this to him and he swears he never told me he was 5'10'. "Maybe I said I wished I was" LOL - So here's a retraction on his part......but I would never have worn the boots if I thought he was 5'8"
      Last edited by R&R; December 10, 2014, 06:43 PM.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

The first time we physically met was in NY. I was flying in for a friends party, and we were both attending a fundraiser the following day. He was going to meet me for the first time at my hotel that afternoon. He texted me when he was on his way, and I paced in front of the window for 40 minutes waiting to a white mustang pull in. He got there and texted he was in the lot...so I told him to come to the room. When I opened the door I was so nervous. I felt like I made a fool of myself, but it turns out he was just as nervous. We spent a few hours together getting to know each other, and then he said "I know you want to kiss me". So I did. And it was perfect! We Went off to the fundraiser later. Needless to say we got out of there as quickly as possible and were together until 2 am. I flew back the following month....and we've been flying back and forth ever since then! And now he is moving HERE and my children adore their "stepdad", as they refer to him! Who knew this would happen when I met my new friend nearly three years ago!
        sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

We weren't LD at the time we met. We had met online and agreed to meet in person after talking for about a week or so. It was pretty awkward, but we ended up gelling pretty well and we ended up talking for four hours. He doesn't have a car on campus, so I found out that he walked 7 miles in the freezing cold in the snow to meet me. It took him 4 hours to get there! But, I drove him back to his dorm and I gave him a kiss. It was his first kiss ever and it was the sweetest thing because I think I caught him off guard with it. It was a very casual date, but we made it official that night. He went home for Christmas break for 5 weeks the day after our first date, so we Skyped a lot and we fell for each other even more. It's amazing that was just about a year ago!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

It was December 1st, 2012 the first time we met face-to-face was at his Unit's Christmas Party at Dave & Buster's. I had to bring one of my older brothers and his boyfriend because my parents/friends/and rest of the family was skeptical and thought I was going to get raped or murdered. I remember he was texting me while I was driving (not the safest idea, lol), and I remember when I was pretty close (maybe 40, or so, minutes away) I got a text saying, "wanna have sex" from "him". I just remember thinking, "what?" and texted him that. Then a minute or two later, I got a flood of text messages from him, apologizing profusely and saying he had left his phone on the bar and his buddy took it and texted me. I laughed. I still laugh about it. His buddy admitted it to me later on too, after I had met him a couple of times. Ironically, they're roommates now.

Anyways, I wasn't nervous when I was driving or even before that, but man, once I pulled into the parking lot, my heart started racing and my stomach was in knots. I was so nervous. We got out of the car and walked into the building (I'd never been before) and I didn't see him because we were in the lobby, and I get really bad anxiety (I had it when we walked in), so I texted him to tell him I didn't see him. My brother and his boyfriend were like, "Where is he? Do you see him?" And then he came walking in and I knew it was him. I smiled instantly and so did he and we hugged. I introduced him to my brother and his boyfriend and we walked into the arcade room. He paid for our game time and we chatted. I was sooooo nervous. And awkward.

We walked around and he asked me if I was hungry and introduced me to some of the guys in his unit, and he bought me pretzel bites (even though I told him I would pay for it). We ate those and he was drinking his beer, and some of the guys from his unit wanted to play video games with him, so I tagged along. I'm not the best at video games and I was too damn nervous to play any.

He asked me for a kiss, but I was too shy to give him one, plus all of his friends were around, so I told him, "Maybe later. "

After a while, and after playing most of the video games, some of the guys started leaving and going to a strip club, but we decided to walk around the mall (the Dave & Buster's we went to is attached to a mall) because we were bored. We ended up actually walking by where his ex worked, and she was there, and she saw us while she was working. It didn't seem to phase him much, and we continued walking around, talking and being silly. We met up with my brother and his boyfriend and they asked my SO if there were any gun shops around, and my SO said he knew of a couple, so he took us to one. My brother and his boyfriend browsed the store as my SO was looking at guns, and he ended up buying one. Lol. At this time, my brother and his boyfriend started telling me that we had to go because they had a client going to their house to buy some of their LED products, I was pretty irritated then because I didn't want to leave since I was having a good time. I told my SO what was going on and that we had to leave, and he seemed a little bummed. We went outside to say our goodbyes, and he asked me for a kiss again. I made my brother and his boyfriend get in the car, and me and my SO had our first kiss.

That was our first meeting face-to-face. The whole time driving back, we were texting and saying how it made us like each other even more.

FYI, he ended up meeting with his friends at the strip club that night. Lmao. Funny thing is, he was talking to another girl before we started talking/while we were talking and she had asked him if she could go with him to the Christmas party, but he invited me instead. We never actually planned on dating, we started talking just to talk. Our whole thing while we were talking was that we just wanted to see where things went. Needless to say, after we met in person that day, he stopped talking to the other girl and focused only on me. Now, we've been dating for 2 years.
            Last edited by whatruckus; December 12, 2014, 04:36 AM.

Comment

The weeks prior to us meeting, she was the nervous one,I was the calm and collected one, but whilst messaging her on the plane, the roles suddenly reversed. I'd just flew three flights to get to Brisbane, and was messaging her apologising for not looking good having not slept well, she didn't care whatsoever and told me where she was sitting in the arrivals lounge.

I entered the lounge a few minutes after said message, rucksack weighing me down, and suitcase in hand, she messaged me where she was, and we kind of met halfway? She saw me, I saw her, and we just knew...I dropped my bags and gave her the biggest hug possible, honestly felt like an eternity. Exchanged a few pleasantries, and we took a taxi back to her place, the rest is history.

Comment

Awwww I love your story. I am glad you shared your story. I thought I would be the only one nervous and scared. I know will probably cry meeting and leaving.

Comment

Working...
                X