No announcement yet.

Engagement rings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That one's $ 20,000 though. I probably wouldn't leave the house with it and even at home I'd be shit scared of losing it. Maybe in another world, in which I'm more organised and less prone to losing everything that's not at least the size of a small elephant.

In this life I don't want a very expensive engagement ring.
    I love the knot-ring from etsy that LostinLove posted. That one in a good quality in red or white gold, would be really cool.
    I like this one, too.

(except obviously a better metal... not copper)

For our 1-year anniversay my boyfriend got me a "pre-engagement ring" (his words):

And I'm absolutely in love with it (and he didn't know my ring size, there was only this one left at the jeweller's and it fits PERFECTLY!)

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I love my ring, just what I wanted!

Comment

Someone told me a long time ago that opals are bad luck if you buy them for yourself, but good luck if someone else buys them for you. I want some jewelery with an opal.. but I can't buy myself one!!!

Comment

Nice to see that this thread is still going x)

Sam's at school and I'm bored so I ended up looking for some nice engagement rings and found one I like again

..aaah, I like this one Looks so.. simple and nice and yeah.. it's nice x)

Can't wait to see what he gets me

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
            Someone told me a long time ago that opals are bad luck if you buy them for yourself, but good luck if someone else buys them for you. I want some jewelery with an opal.. but I can't buy myself one!!!
            Gah! Thankfully I don't believe in stuff like that, no WAY am I waiting for someone else to buy me something with opals!

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
            -- Anonymous

Comment

hahaha, so: in the spirit of me and my BF's recent conversation about how we're NOT gonna get engaged in the next 5 years, at LEAST, I'm posting a few new pictures cause well:
              1) I make no sense
              2) Rings are PRETTY, and
              3) I just watched the new episode of Bones, and well.. without spoiling too much, someone proposes to someone else and well, the ring was really pretty... it looked vintage.. and got me thinking.... I rather like vintage.. white gold.. in a slender, not too high setting.. don't like it when the centre stone is set extremely high above the setting/side stones.. plus, it's so impractical - it'll get stuck everywhere.

But, yes. pwetty. still, so is the simple solitaire ring in my previous post... gah! dilemmas..

"This antique-inspired solitaire ring features a delicate filigree basket and thin, pinched shoulders. It is refined and timeless."

Yeeeees, we like...

Comment

Well after negotiations and a lot of discussion with my SO, I will be getting a ring very similar to this:

And so long as it's not a mahoosive diamond in the middle, I will be very happy with it

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I want something in yellow gold with a flower on it I think it reminds me of the first ring I ever had. My mom gave me and my sister "period rings" haha. I guess since we were grown ups. Anyways, it was a little gold ring with a pink gold rose on it. I wore it until it broke. Loved that ring!!!

Love this-- if only it were in yellow gold! And.. I was getting engaged.. haha

Comment

lucybelle: wow, those rings look nice different from the "typical" engagement rings I guess, it's nice x)

Don't know if anyone reads this thread anymore but what do you think about wearing jewellery that don't match/aren't made of the same type of metal? I mean for example silver ring and gold necklace

Sam's got me this goooorgeus golden necklace that I love to bits and wear all the time.. but I'd like my ring to be white gold and sometimes I wear a golden watch (on my left wrist..) and they wouldn't really match, would they Would that look silly to you? I've been thinking that maybe a golden wouldn't be so bad after all I'd prefer "normal gold" (? x)) compared to yellow gold though.. I might have to go ring window shopping to make up my mind for good haha. I still love white gold though

God, he's gonna kick my ass when he sees I keep changing my mind ah well, I guess I've still got some time to think about it x)

Comment

Normal gold is yellow gold mate

But I don't think it's too weird. You can buy rings that have both metals in them after all. But, what I do is I have all my gold or rose gold jewelry on one hand, and my engagement ring (platnum) and our friendship braclets (silver) on the other. Basically, if they are not right next to each other, I think it's cool.
                      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                        Normal gold is yellow gold mate
                        Teheh, oops *blushes* Thanks for clearing that out for me

Well anyway.. I meant I'd like it.. not as yellow as yellow gold is.. don't know what that type of gold is called, I'm no expert

Comment

Originally posted by elina View Post
                          Don't know if anyone reads this thread anymore but what do you think about wearing jewellery that don't match/aren't made of the same type of metal? I mean for example silver ring and gold necklace
                          I think that's totally fine. My mom's engagement ring is silver and her wedding ring is gold. So she just wears them on different hands.

Comment

Originally posted by elina View Post
                            Teheh, oops *blushes* Thanks for clearing that out for me

Well anyway.. I meant I'd like it.. not as yellow as yellow gold is.. don't know what that type of gold is called, I'm no expert
                            me either, maybe it comes in different shades with purity or something!
                            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Myself and Nick were talking about engagment rings last night and he said he would get me one off the top of a can (Ringpull) and I could have that as my engagment Ring. LOL. I told him he better not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicks Valentine View Post
                                Myself and Nick were talking about engagment rings last night and he said he would get me one off the top of a can (Ringpull) and I could have that as my engagment Ring. LOL. I told him he better not.
                                LOL! Too funny!!!
                                NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X