No announcement yet.

Engagement rings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks I love it so much. Finding a band for it is proving to be difficult, however, because of the side detailing and diamond...I have a thin white gold bangle ring for a temporary band, though.

Comment

i've been wanting to post here for a very long time, but never got around to doing so
      here i am finally

In my country, traditionally, there is no engagement ring. The couple chooses their wedding bands and wear them on their right hand during the engagement period, and then on their left hand when they are married.

Here is my engagement/wedding ring

we had been looking online for a while to get ideas on bands, and i really wanted a spinner ring, but they aren't common here. i had one with onyx and wore it for years until it broke...

the first jeweler we went to had these, and it was exactly what we wanted. in and out in less than 20 minutes

yes, i am wearing it on the left hand, no we are not married yet

when we chose our bands, we sized them up for our left hands. my SO usually doesn't wear his, but wanted to when he came this summer; but with his fingers swollen from the heat it just couldn't fit on his right hand, so we both started putting them on the left hand.

we have a perfect excuse for it though in Greece they also wear the wedding rings during the engagement period, but on the opposite hands. so we're following the greek tradition from the greek side of the family LOL
      Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
      And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
      ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Ioanna: Beautiful! I love that band

Comment

Mizpah... I was gonna ask if you were in Australia but you're not... I tried a ring like exactly the same as yours the other day... and I swear it had a matching band... do you guys have a Goldmark over there? Cause I swear that's where I tried it on...
          Very beautiful ring by the way! I've saved the photo of the side of the band, I really want engraving like that

Comment

Originally posted by Mizpah View Post
            Ioanna: Beautiful! I love that band
            thank you

your ring is also very beautiful

how would you feel about wearing the rings separately? one on each hand?
            Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
            And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
            ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Originally posted by ioanna View Post
              This is what I'll probably do once we get married and get wedding bands. My engagement ring is a really odd shape so I think I'll move my engagement ring to the right and wear the wedding band on the left. That's what my Mom did too.

Comment

Personally I love this one. I don't like yellow gold, and I love celtic rings. the stone I'd perfer a diamond or a sapphire.

My ex bought me a huge gawdy ring that i hated (of course i told him i loved it) when we were engaged. It's thinking a little ahead.. but I think (hope) my current SO knows me enough to know what i like.
                If nothing ever changed, There would be no butterflys <3

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  Mizpah... I was gonna ask if you were in Australia but you're not... I tried a ring like exactly the same as yours the other day... and I swear it had a matching band... do you guys have a Goldmark over there? Cause I swear that's where I tried it on...
                  Very beautiful ring by the way! I've saved the photo of the side of the band, I really want engraving like that
                  I will have to look it up, because I would LOVE to have a matching band. We found my ring at a local jewelry store in NC, but no matching band. I'll look into that! Thanks

Originally posted by ioanna View Post
                  thank you

your ring is also very beautiful

Thanks I have actually thought about doing that! I don't know exactly how I feel about it, but unless I find a band that works/matches my options are pretty limited. Hmm...I kinda like that idea more now that you've mentioned it...I could have just about anything for a band that way.

Comment

Look at this ring
                    https://www.etsy.com/listing/6465174...-infinity-ring
                    Isn't it beautiful? I'd really like an engagement ring like this too

Comment

congrats to those who are newly engaged!

Comment

I don't think my fiance could have picked a better ring. He's Canadian, so it has Canadian diamonds which makes it even more special to me. The clarity in the diamonds is amazing, it sparkles a lot and distracts me.=] I love it. It's a 14k white gold with a three stone setting.

Comment

I just bought this...

In December, I was with my SO, Cheryl, in her hometown of Albuquerque, New Mexico. While we were there we went to a jewelry store that she and her mother had been going to for years. We went with her mom, and we weren't really looking for anything in particular. (On another visit, she and I had spent a couple of hours in our local jewelry store in Las Vegas previously looking a engagement rings and learning about them.)

The store we went to has a case where they sell consignment jewelry from estate sales. Her mother purchased a beautiful set of pearl ear-rings and a diamond necklace while we were there. (Cheryl ended up getting the necklace for Christmas.) We also found a gorgeous diamond ring in the estate case. At the time, Cheryl and her Mom half-heartedly ribbed me about buying it for Cheryl as an engagement ring. She tried it on and it fit perfectly. Unfortunately at the time I was not sure of my financial situation for my last semester of school, and regardless the $5000 price tag was a lot of money.

Cheryl did not forget about this ring, and had asked me to inquire with her mother about it when I was talking to her about something unrelated. I forgot to do that, and yesterday, I got a voicemail message from her Mom that said the ring was still there. She also gave me the contact info for one of the salespeople who was a family friend.

I talked with Cheryl about, and today I made a down payment on the ring. The price had dropped to $4200, and I don't have to pay any sales tax because I'm out of state. She knows I bought the ring, but she doesn't know when I'm going to propose. (I'm not totally sure myself, but likely sometime after I move back in May and definitely before the end of the year.) I guess some things are meant to be. Enjoy the pictures! (And yes the second one is of her trying it on in December.)

Comment

Originally posted by Thad View Post
                            I LOVE IT! CONGRATS!

Comment

I've changed my mind. I totally forgot about opals. I lik this ring:

Or something like this:

WAIT! I want this ring. I want it enough to buy it for myself...if I had money

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
                              -- Anonymous

Comment

@ LostInLove: I own a ring like this and a necklace. It looks really really good. Nice choice

Comment

Working...
                                X